the sx10 porting thread - page 37 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the sx10 porting thread

• 613 Replies
Re: the sx10 porting thread
« Reply #360 on: 16 / June / 2009, 01:13:25 »
Advertisements
Ok, there's another 101b build available here:

http://drop.io/nimrodfiles

I made a typo in the initial boot procedure which would be why the thing crashed immediately. I checked all the stuff in stubs_entry.S and stubs_entry_2.S and it looks like those are good (I hadn't checked the autogenerated stubs last time), but I didn't finish rechecking the whole boot procedure or other stuff.

So there's a good chance that this one will die also, but since I'm done for the night I figured I'd upload what I have in order to get someone to check it out on a real camera just to see what happens.

Oh, and there's an FI2 file this time which should make things a little easier for testing.

The good news is that the inclusion of the FI2 file does in fact make testing (at least for me) much, much easier.  In fact, I think I now know what I was doing wrong with the autostart setup.  I'll try getting that to work again, once we've got the manual load working.

With the FI2 file now, when I start in Play mode I get the firmware menu option, and after selecting that and confirming... the screen goes blank and I need to take the batteries out to reset.  Which it sounds like this is what nimrod was half expecting.

But still... just to see that menu option, I felt a small sense of success.  Thanks a bazillion to nimrod fro trying to bring this down the homestretch for us 1.01b users.  I'll test the next 1.01b again as soon as it's available.

« Reply #361 on: 16 / June / 2009, 01:41:25 »
I tried it using autoboot and the camera was locked like jsgarvin's.

« Reply #362 on: 16 / June / 2009, 05:08:49 »
1.01b

Auto boot - Locks up ( LED on the ON/OFF button is not glowing at all)
Play mode "Firmware update" - Screen goes blank. Have to remove batteries to recover.

nimrod, Thanks a lot for your efforts.

« Last Edit: 16 / June / 2009, 05:13:15 by swordfish »

« Reply #363 on: 16 / June / 2009, 11:30:06 »
Thank a lot.
I have been waiting for 1.01b porting for a long time.
Thanks for everyone, especially nimrod and bazillion.
(sorry for my pretty bad english)

« Reply #364 on: 16 / June / 2009, 19:04:14 »
Which it sounds like this is what nimrod was half expecting.

Yea, I'm not too surprised since I didn't finish reverifying the boot code, but if it had worked I could have skipped some work, lol.

From here on I think I'll just contact the people who are willing to test via private messages in order to spare everyone else the gruesome details of debugging. Sounds like jsgarvin, Radix, and swordfish are willing to help test and if anyone else wants to, just send me a message. Kind of funny how I'm trying to do this without a 101b camera, but it should work out even if it's a bit slow this way.

(Before I upload another build I'll add some debug code that will cause the LED to flash as the boot process is going on. That way if it crashes then people can give me some idea of where the problem is by telling me how many times the LED flashed before the camera crashed.)

« Reply #365 on: 17 / June / 2009, 00:53:27 »
Hi Nimrod
Thanks for the work you are doing on 1.01B, I would not know where to start.
I have the SX10 with 1.01B firmware and I am willing to test your CHDK development for this version. I am new at this so will do my best to give you reasonable feedback.
I have tried your 1.01B build and have experienced the same problems as jsgarvin

« Reply #366 on: 17 / June / 2009, 02:39:37 »
I tried it too and have confirmed I have version 102.b and am unable to get it to work. But thanks for efforts to make it work.

« Reply #367 on: 17 / June / 2009, 03:15:11 »
I tried it too and have confirmed I have version 102.b and am unable to get it to work. But thanks for efforts to make it work.
For firmware 1.02b you must use version sx10-102b of CHDK available at http://mighty-hoernsche.de/.
It works for most people.

« Reply #368 on: 17 / June / 2009, 04:09:45 »
In the german forum we have a report of a 1.03A firmware (ver.req method)
Code: [Select]
Powershot SX10 IS
P-ID 318D PALD
Firmware Ver. GM 1.03A
No Error

Ap 16 2009 09:16:03
...but the dump of this camera is 100% identical to the 1.02B, bit for bit the same, also the strings...and it looks like the 102b CHDK won't run on this cam... :o

I too have a cam with 103A, and the 102B does not work in it...

« Reply #369 on: 17 / June / 2009, 04:20:05 »
Where you get dump for 1.03A?
Can you post a link?
« Last Edit: 17 / June / 2009, 04:30:56 by Grin »