the sx10 porting thread - page 40 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

the sx10 porting thread

• 613 Replies
Re: the sx10 porting thread
« Reply #390 on: 22 / June / 2009, 18:21:56 »
Advertisements
nimrod,
worked for me to

just have to figure out how to take RAW in a format photoshop can open. Anyone help with that?

« Reply #391 on: 22 / June / 2009, 18:26:45 »
monk: You just need to enable the "Save as DNG" option in the raw menu. That will save the images in adobe's portable raw format. The canon raw format on the sx10 is different from most other cameras (14 vs. 16 bits per pixel or something) so it typically won't work even on things that support the canon raw format (CRW).

I've been able to load the DNGs from the camera into lightroom with no problem

« Reply #392 on: 22 / June / 2009, 20:27:10 »
Quick update for Firmware version 1.01B tests

Histogram - Works
RAW DNG - Works
Motion Detection - Works

Thanks again, Nimrod. Will test more and feedback.

Cheers,
Swordfish

« Last Edit: 24 / June / 2009, 04:21:46 by swordfish »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #393 on: 22 / June / 2009, 20:39:53 »
The canon raw format on the sx10 is different from most other cameras (14 vs. 16 bits per pixel or something) so it typically won't work even on things that support the canon raw format (CRW).

I've been able to load the DNGs from the camera into lightroom with no problem
Just to clarify a bit:
SX10 (and most new powershots) are 12 bpp, vs 10 on the older ones. The CRW saved in by CHDK is not canon CRW format, it's just the sensor buffer written to disk. While some programs support CHDK raw, most have not yet been updated to deal with the 12bpp cameras.

Conclusion is the same, use DNG ;)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #394 on: 23 / June / 2009, 08:05:56 »
my camera is shootin in RAW (CRW) but I cannot convert using  the latest version of dng4ps2. I have tried the DNG option in the CHDK menu. When trying to select DNG format option I get the error message "Cannot load CHDK/badpixel.bin. Please run CHDK/SCRIPTS/TEST/badpixel.lun. I just cannot locate this file in the CHDK menue. Can anyone help

« Reply #395 on: 23 / June / 2009, 08:08:37 »

Quick update for Firmware version 1.01B tests

USB Remote - Works

Nimrod,

SDM supports script command "make_usb_connection". Is it possible here?

Cheers,

« Last Edit: 24 / June / 2009, 04:24:35 by swordfish »

« Reply #396 on: 23 / June / 2009, 08:15:07 »
ChrisD,

You have to copy that lua script to your SD card under the script/test directory, using a card reader on a PC. You can get the badpixel.lua script from previous SX10IS builds.

Cheers,

« Reply #397 on: 23 / June / 2009, 09:22:49 »
I just uploaded a "full" version of the ZIP file that contains the whole CHDK directory and the boot files:

http://drop.io/nimrodfiles

If you don't have the CHDK directory (which is what you need if you want the badpixels script) then download the zip file that says "full" and copy it out of there. The stuff in CHDK hasn't changed, so if you get it from some other build (like 102b) then that's fine too.

I also removed the code that blinks the blue led since that's not needed anymore, but other than that there aren't any changes. I still need to check some stuff in stubs_min.S but the fact that nobody has encountered any major problems means that the one thing I did fix it there might be the only change needed. (I've got a nasty cold and didn't feel like doing it last night.)

I'll also upload the source for anyone who wants to look at it, but it's not ready to check in yet.

« Reply #398 on: 23 / June / 2009, 09:45:53 »
USB Remote - Works
SDM supports script command "make_usb_connection". Is it possible here?

I haven't tried to do anything with the USB remote or that script command yet, so I don't really know. This port is based on "trunk" (vs. SDM, etc) so whatever is in the trunk (standard) build is in this. The porting process mostly just consists of telling the rest of the code where certain functions in the firmware are (many or most of them move around every time Canon comes out with a new firmware version) and unless the one doing the porting can't figure out where some firmware function went, all the features should be the same as any other trunk port.

So basically the more general boards are better for asking about common CHDK features since there are still several that I haven't used. It's possible that some features are broken only in this port because I didn't properly update the address of some function that the feature uses, so if some feature causes the camera to crash or otherwise doesn't work when it works on other cameras then post it here and I'll track down the problem. We may have some features that don't work on any SX10 port yet, but I haven't run into any myself.

Finished lurking- time to test 1.01b port
« Reply #399 on: 24 / June / 2009, 00:54:35 »
I'll be DLing and testing the 1.01b port tonight.  Thanks for all the work that has been done!

May I make a small suggestion?  There are a few different simultaneous discussion threads going on about 1.02b, 1.01b and other versions of the SX10 firmware/CHDK ports.  I've been following the posts here for a few weeks and have found it difficult to keep track of who is talking about which port.  I think it would be a good idea to put the port/firmware version being discussed in any given post in the subject line and/or somewhere in the body of the post to make it easier to follow the conversations and to search the forum for information on a specific build.

Thanks again!

TD