A590 zoom location? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

A590 zoom location?

• 7 Replies
A590 zoom location?
« on: 22 / November / 2008, 19:23:01 »
Advertisements
I have a A590 and it seems that the "show zoom" display was incorrect. The A590 has a 4X lens, 5.8mm - 23.2mm but at max zoom, the 'show zoom' display showed 2.2x. I looked at the file platform/a590/main.c and it seems that the fl_tbl[] was incorrect?  I think the one in a540 is more like it so I replaced it, rebuilt diskboot.bin and now it seems to be fine.

I'm just wondering if it's just me as I searched but found no reference to this  number?

Thanks!
 -mike-

Re: A590 zoom location?
« Reply #1 on: 22 / November / 2008, 19:31:55 »
it seems that the fl_tbl[] was incorrect? 
I'm just wondering if it's just me

Hi Mike.

No, it is me as well  :)

The file is incorrect.

I used the one for the A570.

David

« Reply #2 on: 22 / November / 2008, 20:01:58 »
Thanks David. The fl_tbl[] line in a570 is the same as a540 so we're set :-)
 -mike-

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #3 on: 25 / November / 2008, 10:03:55 »
will be fixed in next revision, thanks for reporting the bug, david.

oh wait a second, it wasnt david (who obviously knew the bug and fixed it in sdm), the developer, it was motorcyclist, the user.  :(

btw: wrong subforum, moved it.

« Reply #4 on: 25 / November / 2008, 12:40:47 »
PhyrePhoX, where is the bug report section? I would post it there if I knew one exists :-)

I found no reference of this bug so I thought it was just me and fixed it myself after tracing to where it was.

Thanks.
 -mike-

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #5 on: 25 / November / 2008, 12:54:44 »
well we have a dedicated bugtracker (to be found here:  My View - MantisBT ), not a real bugreport subforum - however the DSLR development subforum is definitly not the right place to post a bug concerning a590 ;)

well, you didnt find any reference of this bug? i guess this applies to 99% of all bugs, because if they were known in public, they would have been fixed already, so opening this thread was a good thing. there is no "i thought it was just me" in open source development, because there are a lot more people who own an a590 ;)
btw for a590 porting lots of the code of the a720 was used, this is why the zoom table was wrong - it is not an obvious bug (that crashes the cam for example).

like i said, thanks for reporting this, i guess nobody else would have reported this...

« Reply #6 on: 25 / November / 2008, 17:32:12 »
Thanks, PhyrePhoX, hope that I will be able to contribute something. What you guys are doing are incredibly great. I'm an embedded software developer myself, but mostly with PowerPC and vxWorks and I know nothing about the ARM and DryOS in the a590...

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #7 on: 25 / November / 2008, 17:50:49 »
you are a embedded vxworks software developer? thats more than most of the chdk developers are doing.
i definitly know nothing about the "embeddedness", arm & dryos. i just try to stay away from the ASM code and just code in c, which is fairly easy once you know your ways around the chdk sdk.

looking forward to seeing your contributions, welcome aboard.