changelog of trunk including comments / devtalk - page 3 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

changelog of trunk including comments / devtalk

• 299 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: changelog of trunk including comments / devtalk
« Reply #20 on: 30 / November / 2008, 05:42:31 »
Advertisements
+ add lua functions for flash parameters (onboard flash memory, not light)
  num=get_flash_params_count() -- num is the number of parameters
  str,num=get_parameter_data(id) -- str is the parameter value as a lua string,
    which may contain embedded NULLs or other non-printable characters. If the size of the flash parameter is 4 bytes or less, a second value is returned, containing the parameter value as a number if the parameter id is invalid, or the parameter size is 0, then nil is returned.
  scripts/examples/paramdmp.lua contains an example
* added CAMERA_HAS_JOGDAIL for g7/g9/sx100is, and used it instead of checking individual camera defines

This will let you directly access the exposure counter, for example. However, parameter IDs are camera specific. Setting parameter values is not supported yet.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #21 on: 30 / November / 2008, 19:48:37 »
#608 fix isxdigit for dryos, should fix test failure for string lib

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #22 on: 30 / November / 2008, 20:21:57 »
#608 fix isxdigit for dryos, should fix test failure for string lib
Yes (on SD870 1.00C).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #23 on: 13 / December / 2008, 20:54:12 »
+ allow user to override location of PRIMARY.BIN files. Set PRIMARY_ROOT to a tree that mirrors what is under platform, either on the make command line or in buildconf.inc

This lets you keep all your primaries and IDA files in one place, saves disk space if you have multiple working copies, and lets you delete working copies without losing all your bins. You can also easily build a tree with or without generating stubs_entry.s

* use automatic MEMISOSIZE on some new ports that didn't have it: g9, sd30, sd300/100j
* clean up old commented MEMISOSIZE stuff

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #24 on: 14 / December / 2008, 06:30:53 »
+ allow user to override location of PRIMARY.BIN files. Set PRIMARY_ROOT to a tree that mirrors what is under platform, either on the make command line or in buildconf.inc

This lets you keep all your primaries and IDA files in one place, saves disk space if you have multiple working copies, and lets you delete working copies without losing all your bins. You can also easily build a tree with or without generating stubs_entry.s

GREAT !!
...reyalP - can you read my minds ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #25 on: 28 / December / 2008, 04:48:59 »
I've added the ability to build CHDKs version of lua for the host platform (windows, linux, ... mac is not tested!). In tools/hostlua do make all

The resulting lua executable will behave more closely to lua on CHDK than a generic implementation (the os lib modifications are available, numbers are ints, etc). This is the first step in a larger project of making an  environment to develop/test/debug lua scripts on the PC. This is inspired by fbonomi's dummy.lua, but will hopefully be more flexible and closer to how things are on the camera.

You should also be able to pre-compile lua files (but not the main file, because it still has to have the @ params.)

With lua available as standard on the host, we could also use it in the tools or build process.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #26 on: 28 / December / 2008, 22:43:11 »
#655 always turns symbols back on when the camera restarts :(

Offline reyalp

« Reply #27 on: 29 / December / 2008, 02:44:08 »
#656 boot logo is now stored in CHDK/DATA/logo.dat
This saves a couple K of memory.
If file is missing, splash screen is shown without chdk logo.
You can make custom logos if you figure out the format.

OPT_BOOTLOGO compile time option is removed, because it would only save a few hundred bytes. If someone wants to bring it back, I'd suggest making it affect the whole bootsplash, not just the logo part. This might save as much as 600 bytes ;)

As before, you can turn off the splash (including logo) in the misc options.

« Reply #28 on: 17 / January / 2009, 23:40:58 »
Hi,
I haven't compiled a new build in a while.  Just got 679.  I'm wondering what is the two digit number that appears in the upper right when I half-press the shutter in play mode.  Somebody's debug message? or some new thing that I don't know about.

Thanks for any info,
Jon

Offline reyalp

« Reply #29 on: 17 / January / 2009, 23:55:12 »
Hi,
I haven't compiled a new build in a while.  Just got 679.  I'm wondering what is the two digit number that appears in the upper right when I half-press the shutter in play mode.  Somebody's debug message? or some new thing that I don't know about.

Thanks for any info,
Jon
Sounds like (part of ?) some OSD element is showing, maybe due to changed defaults or other display related changes. If you open up the OSD editor, you may be able to see whats in that position.

Doesn't happen on my cam.