zoom during exposure on sx100 IS - page 6 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

zoom during exposure on sx100 IS

• 65 Replies

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: zoom during exposure on sx100 IS
« Reply #50 on: 10 / November / 2008, 13:46:45 »
Advertisements
(this doesn't really concern the last posts, but I figured someone ought to know anyway)

The lines

Code: [Select]
repeat
  sleep(1)
until get_shooting() ~= true

in all these scripts really don't belong before shutter release, only after it and as standalone scripts not required even there...sorry to confuse everyone but when I wrote the first one it really was just a first quick hack to demonstrate a point.

« Reply #51 on: 12 / November / 2008, 19:42:03 »
Hello all,

O.K., it does work on the S5IS as written. The only problem is, even after a full release, the camera will NOT zoom anymore.
I have to turn the camera on and off! Any ideas?

Also since I am NOT at all a programmer, how would ya write this to start at full zoom and then zoom back in during exposure?
In other words the reverse of what it does now!

Thanks everyone and keep up the great work all, the Alchemist.....

« Reply #52 on: 13 / November / 2008, 03:04:16 »
@Alchemist ... after full release you need to press the "ALT" key again to exit script mode and then you can use the zoom. That's works for me.
I was trying to change the script to zoom-in and then zoom-out while shutter is open but it crashes my camera. still thinking about ...
Powershot SX 100 IS

« Reply #53 on: 17 / November / 2008, 11:39:47 »
well ... first zoom-in manual as long as you wish then the script zooms-out during shoting:

press("shoot_half")
repeat
  set_zoom_speed = 80
  sleep(1)
until get_shooting() == true
press("shoot_full")
sleep(100)
set_zoom(0)

repeat
  sleep(1)

release("shoot_full")
release("shoot_half")

i didnt manage to make the camera to do first a full zoom-in and focus. maybe someone can give some hints?
Powershot SX 100 IS

« Reply #54 on: 18 / November / 2008, 09:42:14 »
Hello Titaniq,

Seems like your getting pretty good with this scripting. NOT to sound like a dictator, but maybe you (with some help) can develop this script into a finished script with menu's and all. Like a selection to zoom in or out, to shoot again, and then a clean exit from the script. I am trying to learn this scripting, but it's going slow, so I can NOT help myself (sorry).

Well keep up the great work and good luck, the Alchemist.....

Offline j13l

• S5IS 1.01B
« Reply #55 on: 18 / November / 2008, 11:31:55 »

« Reply #56 on: 19 / November / 2008, 10:46:15 »
well j13l ... the scripts are working very well on your S5IS?
here is how my SX110 IS reacting:

@zoom-in, 4" exposure time, the camera starts exposure, zooms-in, reach the max zoom-in then start zoom-out (set_zoom(0)), even if the exposure time was not finished. i think thet the sequence

repeat
  sleep(1)

helps for longer exposure.

@zoom_out, my camera start zooming-in and it crashes at maxim zoom. the LCD turns off, the lens remains in max zoom position, the protective device over the lens remains open, and i need to press the on/off button to switch on the camera.
Powershot SX 100 IS

Offline ISO64

• S3 IS + A550
« Reply #57 on: 18 / December / 2008, 00:07:34 »
Hello j13l,

Your script worked on S3IS!

I experimented a bit with different exposure time  in manual mode, aperture fixed to 8.0. The best results are when the exposure time is just about equal to travel from zoom in to zoom out position. For S3IS, it is between 1.2 and 1.6 s. See the result in attached file.

Have an idea: Write a script that will get the zoom sweep time (in seconds), then set the exposure time to that value and aperture according to scene, with a little help from ISO settings to expand aperture values.

See, this is why we need MS Excel, nice colours that do not move!  ;)

« Reply #58 on: 18 / December / 2008, 13:23:17 »
hi,
I'm testing j13l scripts on the g9, the zoom out one works very well, but using the "zoom in" one I often have strange images, like negative

Offline rhen84

• A720IS
« Reply #59 on: 18 / December / 2008, 14:36:17 »
It works on my A720, but only in Av and P mode. In Tv and M mode, the camera shut down after the zoom process (in the end of the exposure).
On short shutter speed the picture get interlaced.