Might be OT: Canon Solutions Software and Subnotebooks - General Chat - CHDK Forum

Might be OT: Canon Solutions Software and Subnotebooks

• 3 Replies
Might be OT: Canon Solutions Software and Subnotebooks
« on: 01 / November / 2008, 21:33:57 »
Advertisements
I recently bought an MSI Wind U100X and installed Windows XP. The problem is the Canon Solutions CD says that I do not have a high-enough resolution for it to run (because of the fact that maximum res is around 1024 by 600 rather than the usual 1024 by 768). Is there a way to go around this problem or a way to modify the installation requirements?

Offline lrossel

• CHDK - Take it underwater
    • My Photos
Re: Might be OT: Canon Solutions Software and Subnotebooks
« Reply #1 on: 01 / November / 2008, 21:57:17 »
This unit has a Video connector for external monitor. What about if you connect another monitor with better resolution and try the installation with it?

And, why you need the canon software? There are a lot of other solutions.

Luis
If you saw me on land, It was just the surface interval
G10 without CHDK

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 01 / November / 2008, 22:09:22 »
Hi alced,

you can also use a software tool like Astray plus, should work on your MSI - then you can switch the display resolution whenever you want with a single mouse click, also to higher values like 1024x768...
« Last Edit: 01 / November / 2008, 22:21:54 by fe50 »

« Reply #3 on: 03 / November / 2008, 03:09:12 »
Aight. I tried the first solution. I tricked the Solutions Disk into thinking I was using a 1024 by 768 resolution through an external monitor. It worked. Thank you.

The reason why I needed to use Canon Software was that there were some themes I wanted to upload in the camera and the fact that the ZoomEX browser allows me to fit desktop wallpaper properly compared to just using the "Set As Desktop Background" function.