Bug Reports against Recent Builds -- Report bugs here - page 5 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum  

Bug Reports against Recent Builds -- Report bugs here

• 281 Replies

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
Re: Bug Reports against Recent Builds -- Report bugs here
« Reply #40 on: 15 / August / 2008, 04:46:45 »
Advertisements
This seems to be in accordance with the camera manual, nothing to do with scripts and such. Here's a quotation from mine:
The camera indicators light or blink under the following circumstances.

Upper Indicator
Green: Ready to shoot (camera beeps twice)
Blinking Green: Time Lapse (movie) recording/Image recording/reading/erasing/transferring (when connected to a computer/printer)
Orange: Ready to shoot (flash on)
Blinking Orange: Ready to shoot (camera shake warning)

Lower Indicator
Yellow: Macro mode/infinity mode/AF lock mode
Blinking Yellow: Focusing difficulty (camera beeps once)
Yours is perhaps a bit different, but the main idea should be the same. And shake warning is just a warning of slow shutter speed, it doesn't detect actual shake.

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
    • poll about some pics (not much serious) ^^
« Reply #41 on: 15 / August / 2008, 05:10:29 »

Orange: Ready to shoot (flash on)

Yours is perhaps a bit different, but the main idea should be the same. And shake warning is just a warning of slow shutter speed, it doesn't detect actual shake.

Hej,
The flash is not on though.
Okej for the camera shake thing, I would have thought it could detect the shake. Thanks

*edited* : anyway would be nice to have a way to disable those, may save some more batteries. No idea if it's possible though.
« Last Edit: 15 / August / 2008, 05:31:57 by yvesson »

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #42 on: 25 / August / 2008, 15:56:23 »
It popped up on a number of occasions under the heading "missing RAW files" or similar, the latest post with additional links here: Sporadic RAW images.

Reiterating, the problem is this: if RAW is enabled, flash disabled, and shots taken by briefly (!) clicking the shutter all the way in, then raw files are occasionally missing. It seems that it occurs in many diverse cams, with all known builds.

It is indeed a bug, a deeply rooted one, and such that concerns the basic CHDK functionality. Intolerable, that is.

The origin of the bug is that using that somewhat uncommon shooting practice leads to occasionally bypassing the common course of capture sequence events, including our raw hook. Good news is that apparently it is only in one more place that additional hook needs to be added. Bad news is that it is platform-dependent. Anyway, here's an example:

void __attribute__((naked,noinline)) capt_seq_task()
{
   asm volatile (
"                STMFD   SP!, {R4,LR}\n"
"                SUB     SP, SP, #4\n"
"                MOV     R4, SP\n"
"                B       loc_FFB0DEB4\n"
"loc_FFB0DD98:\n"
"                BL      sub_FFB0E3BC\n"
                "BL      shooting_expo_param_override\n"   // + <-----------------
"                BL      sub_FFB0BA04\n"
"                LDR     R3, =0xAAB80\n"
"                LDR     R2, [R3,#0x24]\n"
"                CMP     R2, #0\n"
"                BEQ     loc_FFB0DE98\n"
"                BL      sub_FFB0D8E4\n"  //<---------- need additional RAW hook in here, too!
"                B       loc_FFB0DE98\n"
"loc_FFB0DDB8:\n"
//"                BL      sub_FFB0D80C\n"
"                BL      sub_FFB0D80C_my\n"  //<--------- usual RAW hook inside
"loc_FFB0DDBC:\n"
"                LDR     R2, =0xAAB80\n"
"                MOV     R3, #0\n"

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #43 on: 25 / August / 2008, 17:26:35 »
Good news is that apparently it is only in one more place that additional hook needs to be added. Bad news is that it is platform-dependent.
All code in capt_seq.c is platform-dependent  :)
Well, if in new sub_FFB0D8E4_my() you call capt_seq_hook_raw_here() after sub_FFB10B64_my() (as in usual RAW hook), RAW saving works always?

p.s. if I remember exactly, Allbest in russian forum tested a630 with the same CHDK modification, and it did not work...
« Last Edit: 25 / August / 2008, 17:34:50 by ewavr »

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #44 on: 26 / August / 2008, 03:34:45 »
Well, if in new sub_FFB0D8E4_my() you call capt_seq_hook_raw_here() after sub_FFB10B64_my() (as in usual RAW hook), RAW saving works always?
Precisely as you say, and it seems to save RAW correctly in these situations (i used a LED blink to be sure i'm there).

It is however a bit hard to test, as i couldn't find a way to force this execution path, it's indeed sort of random.

edit: Perhaps surround capt_seq_hook_raw_here with STR R0,[SP,#-4]! and LDR R0,[SP],#4 ?

P.S. It shouldn't be called a bug though, as it lives in any CHDK cam. Rather a pet. Or a feature, if you like.

« Last Edit: 26 / August / 2008, 04:46:26 by whoever »

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #45 on: 26 / August / 2008, 05:43:42 »
It is however a bit hard to test, as i couldn't find a way to force this execution path, it's indeed sort of random.

edit: Perhaps surround capt_seq_hook_raw_here with STR R0,[SP,#-4]! and LDR R0,[SP],#4 ?

P.S. It shouldn't be called a bug though, as it lives in any CHDK cam. Rather a pet. Or a feature, if you like.

Some time ago I noted this in russian forum. For me, better solution is:

int capt_seq_hook_raw_here(int x)
{
...bla-bla-bla...
return x;
}

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #46 on: 30 / August / 2008, 08:42:39 »
so, do we have an actual implementation of this bugfix somewhere? i am not able to do it.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #47 on: 03 / September / 2008, 06:29:22 »
juciphox 497 compile warning:

ubasic.c: In function `factor':
ubasic.c:182: warning: 'r' might be used uninitialized in this function

solution: replace (as seen above in /lib/ubasic/ubasic.c, line 182)

int   r;
by
int   r = 0;

see you,

wim
« Last Edit: 03 / September / 2008, 06:43:03 by whim »

« Reply #48 on: 03 / September / 2008, 14:43:18 »
Last night September 2, 2008, I downloaded the Allgood Build for the A720. When I opened the zip file, there was only one file zipped into it. This will not work.

No matter where I have found the zip file, the *.fir file is missing.

Any suggestions?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #49 on: 03 / September / 2008, 15:20:45 »
Last night September 2, 2008, I downloaded the Allgood Build for the A720. When I opened the zip file, there was only one file zipped into it. This will not work.

No matter where I have found the zip file, the *.fir file is missing.

DryOS cameras don't use the ps.fir file. You need to make the card bootable and write protect it to make a dryos cam boot CHDK. I believe CardTricks and SDM installer are probably the two easy alternatives for you to make the card bootable. See http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Bootable_SD_card