SDHC on SD630 (Digic II) - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SDHC on SD630 (Digic II)

• 2 Replies
SDHC on SD630 (Digic II)
« on: 25 / November / 2008, 15:38:46 »
Advertisements
I thought I found some information before on how to get SDHC cards to work on a SD630 / Digic II platform camera, but I can't seem to find them any more. I know that if my camera doesn't mention SDHC in the original manual, then it generally "doesn't support SDHC." With that said, I've heard about people formatting a basic boot partition of the card with FAT16 so the camera can read it while leaving a FAT32 partition for the rest of the space for storage, which CHDK can write to. Has anyone else done this successfully? Thanks.
Canon SD630

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: SDHC on SD630 (Digic II)
« Reply #1 on: 25 / November / 2008, 16:54:44 »
I thought I found some information before on how to get SDHC cards to work on a SD630 / Digic II platform camera, but I can't seem to find them any more. I know that if my camera doesn't mention SDHC in the original manual, then it generally "doesn't support SDHC." With that said, I've heard about people formatting a basic boot partition of the card with FAT16 so the camera can read it while leaving a FAT32 partition for the rest of the space for storage, which CHDK can write to. Has anyone else done this successfully? Thanks.

Hi dsuchter,
no, the SD630 don't support SDHC cards. There are some models which supports SDHC althought the manual don't list it - but sadly the SD630 is not such one...

You can use 2 partitions on a SD card when the CHDK for your camera has "multi partition support", but in your case this don't help: your camera would not recognize a SDHC card, you'll get an error message & the card can't be used in any way in the cam - the camera eletronics can't handle such cards.

But - since i don't have a SD630 & never tested this model personally, there may be a small chance - so you can borrow a SDHC card and try it ...

Re: SDHC on SD630 (Digic II)
« Reply #2 on: 25 / November / 2008, 17:28:31 »
Fair enough. I'll see if I can get my hands on an SDHC card to test so at least we know for sure.
Canon SD630