New RAW Features - Confused - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum

New RAW Features - Confused

• 3 Replies
New RAW Features - Confused
« on: 28 / November / 2008, 22:11:10 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I recently installed build 595 to check out some new RAW features on my G7.  However, I can't figure out how this stuff is supposed to work.

1) Attempt to select DNG in RAW menu.  I get the message "Cannot load CHDK/badpixel.bin."  How are these two things related?
2) Show saving time - This must display the time really fast because after several attempts, I don't notice anything related to this on-screen.  Am I missing an OSD parameter setting?
3) RAW buffer cached - How does this work?  Is it supposed to make saving RAW images faster?
4) Well, this is an old feature, but...I have trouble accessing the 100CANON folder - either through the file browser or via RAW develop.  Highlighing the folder and pressing FUNC/SET moves the cursor to the folder above the 100CANON folder.  I can usually get in the folder after several attempts, but I see what appears to be scrambled names on the left.  At any rate, any attempt to scroll the list of files in this folder tosses me out to the parent folder list.

Offline reyalp

Re: New RAW Features - Confused
« Reply #1 on: 28 / November / 2008, 22:42:53 »
Re badpixels
Save RAW files in DNG format instead of RAW

show saving time uses the script console.

Raw cached speeds up DNG saving. It should have minimal impact on normal raw saving. The way it is done  isn't strictly correct, but it appears to work.

4 sounds like a bug unrelated to the new features.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 28 / November / 2008, 22:56:03 »
Thanks reyalp.  I managed to track down another thread that discussed the sordid details of these new features.  However, it wasn't clear that RAW buffer cached option only helps with DNG files.  Doesn't seen to be worth the hassle - I already believe that saving in standard RAW isn't very fast.

I agree that my problem accessing the 100CANON folder must be a bug.  I'll check to see where around here I can log this issue.

« Reply #3 on: 29 / December / 2008, 12:05:54 »
Thanks reyalp.  I managed to track down another thread that discussed the sordid details of these new features.
Can you post a  link?
« Last Edit: 29 / December / 2008, 12:12:13 by A_Str8 »