« Reply #30 on: 12 / July / 2008, 11:20:12 »
Advertisements
Yep I don't think I have that.

Offline cyril42e

• SD1000/Ixus70 1.02a
    • CR-TEKnologies
Re: Universal Manual Focus
« Reply #31 on: 15 / July / 2008, 04:55:44 »
I've never used that Canon built-in shortcut feature for anything because it interferes with the alt key (always does the selected command after exiting alt mode, even though I guess it shouldn't...).

Even with the latests juciphox builds ? This should have been fixed with my mod #7 in changeset 417... Tell me if it's not working...

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #32 on: 15 / July / 2008, 14:02:33 »
Even with the latests juciphox builds ? This should have been fixed with my mod #7 in changeset 417... Tell me if it's not working...

Oh sorry I had forgotten all about that one. I'm running custom trunk builds at the moment, with Ljl's histogram fix and some other things that are already found in juciphox. Added your mod #7 to my build now and alt key seems to work like a charm now!  :D

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #33 on: 15 / July / 2008, 14:07:45 »
oh not another custom build!

joking ;)
remember to let us know when you got some shiny new things to put into svn :D
heck, y'all who think they are up to the task can apply for an assembla account and do it themselves, i know for sure that here are a lot of coders way better than me :D

« Reply #34 on: 16 / July / 2008, 03:17:54 »
I have to make an update. I was playing around with my camera yesterday and thought i would try the MF version again on my IXUS 700. But this is when it gets intressting. It wouldnt work.. The camera just freeze up and turns off the display.

But i didnt give up. It did work the last time i tried it so it had to be something i could do. After trying back and forward with diffrent settings.. It just started working out of nowhere. I could use the zoom key to change the focus and the camera and didnt see any problem what so ever. Showed it to my girlfrind who thought it was a cool feature. Turned off the camera and back on.. Couldnt get it to work again.

The only thing i can recall being diffrent is that the focus number was 1 or similar to start with when it worked.. After the reboot it said 300. The same second i change to x1 x10 or x100 and so on the display goes black and camera freeze. If i get it to work again is there something i could look for ? maybe in the memory viewer ?

I just guessing the focus motor has to be at a sertain place or some variable has to have a sertain value for this to work.

Edit:
Just remembered something. I think i whent the wrong way when it worked. instead of adding to the focus numer by pushing right on the zoom key i pushed left and the focus number showed 64599 or something.. and i could here the camera moving the motor inside. Everything was blury and when pushing it to the right made everything clear again.. after that everything was working. This ads to my belief that the camera has to be in a sertain place/state to let you use MF. 
« Last Edit: 16 / July / 2008, 03:24:11 by Nickman »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #35 on: 16 / July / 2008, 04:26:33 »
Hi Nickman,

...instead of adding to the focus numer by pushing right on the zoom key i pushed left and the focus number showed 64599 or something.. and i could here the camera moving the motor inside. Everything was blury and when pushing it to the right made everything clear again.. after that everything was working. This ads to my belief that the camera has to be in a sertain place/state to let you use MF.

The shortcuts for using the manual focus are described here: CHDK firmware usage/AllBest: Quick-Set Hyperfocal & Infinite Manual Focus Distances.

« Reply #36 on: 16 / July / 2008, 08:11:20 »
The shortcuts for using the manual focus are described here: CHDK firmware usage/AllBest: Quick-Set Hyperfocal & Infinite Manual Focus Distances.

Ehh yes ? and that has something to do with what i wrote how ?
I used those buttons.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #37 on: 19 / July / 2008, 08:25:59 »
With the zoom key (zoom rocker) you have changed the focus between 0 (or an other "near" value) and infinity (that's value 65535 or - dependant from the "Quick Input Unit-Value Selector" - an other "far" value), that was the "blury/clear" effect you mentioned...so this could be reproduceable with the other MF keys.
I mentioned this to narrow down the issue you have...

On an other camera (SD550) there is (was ?) an alike issue, the camera crashes with MF, but it is working fine when the focus is used before...so you CAN try the following: zoom in and out one time before using MF (or other SD setting), otherwise the cam will crash...

« Reply #38 on: 19 / July / 2008, 11:23:13 »
On an other camera (SD550) there is (was ?) an alike issue, the camera crashes with MF, but it is working fine when the focus is used before...so you CAN try the following: zoom in and out one time before using MF (or other SD setting), otherwise the cam will crash...

Thanks yes that was it. If i do a zoom first and the enter MF i can change focus with the zoom "key".
Now that it works for sure i hope it gets picked up and included in the trunk.

Offline jbourgui

• SD500 & G9
« Reply #39 on: 20 / July / 2008, 00:30:48 »
Thanks yes that was it. If i do a zoom first and the enter MF i can change focus with the zoom "key".
Now that it works for sure i hope it gets picked up and included in the trunk.

@nickman, thx for your persistance! 
@fe50, thx for the hint!!

Verified this works on SD500.  Works like a charm! (even when zooming in a little, them zoom out to orig focal length)  Can we include this in all the regular builds, so that everybody will have MF?  All that needs to happen is that before MF is engaged, the cam needs to zoom in to next value, then zoom out, then enable MF.   

Cheers, and thanks again to all that helped with this solution!!  This will make focus bracketing and SD overrides actually work for these cams!

-joe