Bracketing - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Bracketing

• 5 Replies
Bracketing
« on: 29 / December / 2008, 04:42:23 »
Advertisements
Hey, I have an SD750 and I need some help on bracketing for HDR. I made the T/V exposure thing to 2/3 EV and I set the custom timer to 3 and 4 shots at 0 second delay, but the shots turn out all overexposed. In bracketing I expect one underexposed, one regular, and one overexposed. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a script? Please Help I want to make some HDR images! :o

Offline Hacki

• SX100
Re: Bracketing
« Reply #1 on: 29 / December / 2008, 04:45:34 »
Whats the "Bracketing Type" set to? "-" "+" or "+/-" ? You need to set it to the latter one in order to get the over & under exposed images.

« Reply #2 on: 29 / December / 2008, 04:53:56 »
Yes, I do have t at +/-

« Reply #3 on: 29 / December / 2008, 05:11:48 »
These are the three images i ended up with? One is regular. the second is exposed. the third one is way over exposed. please help. i do have it at "+/-"
btw the middle one is the regular one. it is not the underexposure one. That is the lighting of my room

Offline Hacki

• SX100
« Reply #4 on: 29 / December / 2008, 05:20:53 »
That looks right. Try set it to 1/3 EV and more images.. Just play around with it, its basically working, you just need to figure out the details

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
« Reply #5 on: 29 / December / 2008, 06:46:36 »
yes, this what you are supposed to see.

It looks useless because the scene you have photographed (the room) has very little range, so the "middle" exposure is good and the others are bad.

If you take the photos in a scene with high contrast (for example, with the interior of the room but also looking outside the window on a bright day) then it the "uder-exposed2 photo will be "well-exposed" in the window part, and you can better understand the HDR use.

In other words, HDR is "high dynamics range", if you start with a scene with a very low dynamics the DR will be useless