S5IS Blinking for Beginners? - page 2 - Firmware Dumping - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

S5IS Blinking for Beginners?

• 13 Replies

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Re: S5IS Blinking for Beginners?
« Reply #10 on: 06 / January / 2008, 14:53:42 »
Advertisements
I'm currently trying to build the tommy2water's S5_Blinker on linux and I have the following error:
/usr/local/lib/gcc/arm-elf/3.4.6/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lc

I need to build the glibc library for arm-elf. Someone can tell me witch version use and how to make a arm build ?
You absolutely do not need anything except the described on this page.
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #11 on: 06 / January / 2008, 15:01:22 »
Humm... it's weird ... I've done exactly the step describe in the section " An alternative method with gcc-3.4.6" and it work great for building the CHDK but I've got the error when I try to build the blinker. In fact, if I remove the -lc args the building work but I don't know... may be the binary will fail at the execution.

Offline tommi2water

• IXUS 220 HS Firmware: 1.00c
« Reply #12 on: 06 / January / 2008, 15:40:43 »
Hi,

I am using Windows and I built the Blinker binary by executing only the 'make.bat' file. Before I've setup everything like described here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Compiling_CHDK_under_Windows.

Sorry that I cannot help you with the Linux variant.

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #13 on: 06 / January / 2008, 15:43:29 »
[..]
The signal on the picture looks like it has main power (50/60Hz) mixed. It can be non-screened cable or ambient light.
But then, you didn't have the entire signal to verify that claim. I do have that 50Hz signal, but it's only visible when the led isn't blinking, it's around -36 dB whereas my actual signal is ~-9 dB. Zooming out, the "interference" doesn't really look like a steady 50Hz signal, either. Anyway, as you can see here, it seems that my diode attempts to even out the signal around zero. That's what's making things difficult for the normal adc to handle, so I reprogrammed it to find the extremes of each peak and switch high/low level after exceeding a threshold, compared to the extreme of the last-seen peak. That way, I'll either work my way towards the extreme or towards exceeding that threshold, and it seems to work flawlessly, given the correct "sync-timeout-time". I didn't get ANY sync or crc16 errors for the entire firmware, so it seems to work well :)