How to unload script? - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

How to unload script?

• 13 Replies
Re: How to unload script?
« Reply #10 on: 14 / June / 2012, 01:54:31 »
Advertisements
Currently this is impossible to not have 'loaded' script. By loaded we mean that particular script file is set to be executed when shoot is pressed, ya?

At the moment the best idea is posted above:

@title default2.bas
shoot
exit_alt
end

'Unloading' script could be done very easily by small changes in menu and scripting routine (add a menu field and when the script is unloaded shoot button could just work as 'leave ALT'). Why nobody did that? Nobody found it usefull for him... You can try:) CHDK is opensource!
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

Offline reyalp

« Reply #11 on: 14 / June / 2012, 16:10:36 »
I have this issue too, I've loaded a timelapse script but now I want to unload it and just use my USB remote trigger, I still want to be in alt mode, I just don't want the timelapse script running anymore. It seems you can load scripts but not unload them.
There is no need to unload a script. The timelapse script isn't "running" unless you press the shutter in alt mode. Pressing the shutter in alt mode has no other meaning than starting the current script, and there is always a current script. If not script file is available/loaded the default script is run when you press the shutter. You can return to the default script by selecting default.bas in the script menu.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #12 on: 14 / June / 2012, 21:51:37 »
This used to confuse me at first too until I realized what the others have already mentioned :)

« Reply #13 on: 15 / June / 2012, 08:26:54 »
I have this issue too, I've loaded a timelapse script but now I want to unload it and just use my USB remote trigger, I still want to be in alt mode, I just don't want the timelapse script running anymore. It seems you can load scripts but not unload them.
Further to reyalp's post,  you do not need to be in <ALT> mode to use your USB remote.  Once configured by the USB remote menu, it operates during normal shooting mode ( not <ALT> mode).  The only time you need to be in <ALT> mode is if you are using a script that uses the USB remote status functions as part of its logic.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16