CHDK for PowerShot SD770 IS/DIGITAL IXUS 85 IS: Update: Pg2 RAW in 12bit

• 238 Replies
  • Publish
    Advertisements
    Nope, my startup task is crashing when trying to start the watchdog task and I still don't know why.

I'm investigating that right now.

• Publish
    Hi,
    i also have the Ixus 85IS, Version 1.0.0A.
    I got the DiskBoot.ini from Post #39, but now i am wondering how to go on. If i understand this right, i also need a PS.FIR file or something like this? Where do i get this? Some guys in here have CHDK already running (beta version) on this camera.

So could you give me a short hint how to use this? Where do i get the files (except the DISBOOT.INI) needed to run CHDK on my Ixus 85IS?

I am also willing to thelp with the development. I study computer science and maybe i can help.

Thank you,
    Chris
    « Last Edit: 25 / May / 2009, 16:52:42 by chrisdo »

• Publish
    i got it. forgot the format the card and make it bootable  8)

• Publish
    Hi,
    i also have the Ixus 85IS, Version 1.0.0A.
    I got the DiskBoot.ini from Post #39, but now i am wondering how to go on. If i understand this right, i also need a PS.FIR file or something like this? Where do i get this? Some guys in here have CHDK already running (beta version) on this camera.

So could you give me a short hint how to use this? Where do i get the files (except the DISBOOT.INI) needed to run CHDK on my Ixus 85IS?

I am also willing to thelp with the development. I study computer science and maybe i can help.

Thank you,
    Chris

Chris
    format your SD card make it bootable, use software called CardTricks and put DiskBoot.bin into the SDcard, Lock the card and put in your camera, on your camera, if you did it right you will see CHDK logo during camera boot process.
    Best of luck.

• Publish
    Nope, my startup task is crashing when trying to start the watchdog task and I still don't know why.

I'm investigating that right now.

you may want to check the sharky Diskboot.bin, and compare it.

• Publish
    Hi,

I just got my new Ixus 85IS and wanted to install CHDK on it.  :o I checked the Firmware Version - GM1.00B !!! Is there any possibility to get it working?

Dumping with CardTricks doesn`t work. Cam seems "dead". Who can I try to dump?

Thanks for any tips.

LinuxQ
    « Last Edit: 26 / May / 2009, 18:08:08 by Linuxq »

• Publish

you may want to check the sharky Diskboot.bin, and compare it.

That's what I'm doing but I didn't find any differences apart form some compiler optimization. I think shaky usde gcc 3.4.6 and I'm using gcc 4.3.2.

• Publish
    Hi,
    i successfully tried CHDK with my Ixus 85IS and a small old 256 MB SD Card. But now i want more memory.

i also got a Kingston  8 GB SDHC card when i bought the camera. Without CHDK this works fine.

I followed the instructions from http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Bootable_SD_card#Linux: (using gparted under Ubuntu Linux and hexedit to make the card bootable) to create the two partitions.

Then i copied the DISKBOOT.INI to the small FAT16 partition. When i insert the card into my cam, CHDK starts, but only the small partition is available at the camera. The "CHDK" Folder is also created on this small partition.

Is it possible to use the large partition with the camera?
    Or is the multipartition support not implemented yet?

Can anyone help me, please? I would also accept Windows solutions, if it is easier to "swap" the partitions there :)

I also want to mention, that this is great work. Love to take pictures with the new features :) Keep on hacking ;)

• Publish
    Am i right that the partitions are only needed for the autoboot of CHDK?
    If i would create one large 8 GB partition, i could load CHDK by doing the "firmware update" method. But for this i need a fi2-file. Is there any possibility to create one? Is it easy?

Of course i would prefer the autoboot method as i dont want to the update every time i start the cam.

I see post #101 said something that it would be possible soon to boot straight from SDHC card?

• Publish
    here is the work-in-progress DISKBOOT.BIN for the ixus 85 IS / SD770 with firmware 100a

things that work:

- menu, histogram, debug stuff, various overrides

things that don't work:

- RAW stuff is not done yet, movie override not done yet

continuous bracketing crashes presumably due to broken RAW support

also, this image flashes the orange LED before and after loading the image. that's just a debug feature for now.

Thanks for the great work. :lol
    i tried it and wrote a small script for HDR with EV settings -2,0,+2 taking 3snapshots, Script is working fine but EV is not reflecting in the photos :o

Below is my HDR.bas script
    Code: (freebasic) [Select]
    #######
    @title HDR

@param a longest exp.
    @default a -2
    @param b shortest exp.
    @default b 2
    @param c start delay (sec)
    @default c 3

for i=a to b
       set_tv i
    shoot
     if i=2 then goto "getout"
    sleep c*1000
           i= i + 1
    :getout
    next i

end
    ########
    [/color][/b]

Hi there,

why doing so complicated???

here is how i do my bracketing:
    1. -> chdk -> extra photo operations
    2. -> bracketing in continous mode
    3. -> tv bracketing value to whatever you may need e.g. 2ev
    4. -> bracketing type +/- (means first pic normally, second +2ev, third -2ev
    5. -> close chdk menu
    6. -> open selftimer menu (down on the ring)
    7. -> chose custom timer
    8. -> press menu
    9. -> set your seconds until shot
    10. -> set shot counts
    e.g. 7 will give = ev 0,+2.-2.+4.-4.+6.-6
    11. -> press SET
    12. -> SHOT :D

have fun
    « Last Edit: 07 / June / 2009, 08:58:04 by buster »