g10 dump fw 1.00H - Firmware Dumping - CHDK Forum

g10 dump fw 1.00H

• 4 Replies
g10 dump fw 1.00H
« on: 27 / December / 2008, 17:04:35 »
Advertisements
i just tried to dump the above firmware using cardtricks (naked udumper didn't work). it all starts as it should: lcd stays black. after about 5 mins i take the battery out, then the sd-card. so far nothing unusual.

however, the g10 seems to have messed up the file system on my card: windows shows an empty card without any storage space left, cardtricks cannot see anything either (naturally). remove write protection, card back into the camera. g10 reports card as faulty. reformat in camera, everything is ok again.

any ideas?

Re: g10 dump fw 1.00H
« Reply #1 on: 27 / December / 2008, 18:32:23 »
partly sorry: this error came, because i mixed the cardtricks files with udumper. however, doing a clean retry, i don't get any result. the card remains readable, but no dump.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 27 / December / 2008, 18:38:59 »
Hello & welcome, tokX !

...but no dump.

Sure ?
Restart Cardtricks, select the card, press "Strings" - what do you get ?

use a small SD card with a size of max. 1GB with cardtricks v1.43.
To check whether writing to the card is ok in Cardtricks, select your Card, press "Format as FAT", then "Make Bootable" - you should get not error messages...

Then press "NewDryOS" & read the messages...

Now remove the card from the reader and LOCK it, put it into the camera, start the cam in playback mode.
You'll see no LEDS or display messages, do not touch any buttons, do not move the camera, just wait for at least 1 or better 2 minutes. Then remove the SD card, remove & reinsert the batteries.

Insert the SD card to the card reader, start Cardtricks, select the card.
Click "Strings" -> you should get a list of strings after some seconds...
With "Clean" in Cardtricks you can remove the leading and trailing zero bytes from the dump...

*EDIT:
If this doesn't work: try starting the camera 'normal' with the power button !
« Last Edit: 27 / December / 2008, 18:40:37 by fe50 »

« Reply #3 on: 27 / December / 2008, 22:43:28 »
ok, the problem was in the end, that the 4gig card was too big ... i sent the firmware to dand34 for uploading. have fun with it  :D

edit: due to a server change it might take a bit until the dump is accessible at dand34's site. if somebody doesn't want to wait, pls pm with your email
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2008, 13:33:55 by tokX »

« Reply #4 on: 08 / January / 2009, 10:41:26 »
posted to drop.io by PhyrePhoX [DOWNLOAD LINKS] Firmware dumps available --- thx!