help a newbie please... - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

help a newbie please...

• 3 Replies
help a newbie please...
« on: 22 / December / 2008, 00:12:40 »
Advertisements
Helpppppppppppppp!!
1. How can I download firmware to  Canon Power Shot SD 880 IS?? Step by step instructions Please!!
2. My children put in my Canon A570 not correct batteries... after this camera died... is it possible to repair it in home conditions???
Regards

« Last Edit: 02 / January / 2009, 16:17:03 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: Firmware dumps available
« Reply #1 on: 22 / December / 2008, 00:34:02 »
Helpppppppppppppp!!

I agree, you definitely need help.

1. How can I download firmware to  Canon Power Shot SD 880 IS?? Step by step instructions Please!!

You cannot, the SD 880 is not yet supported. A firmware dump is not CHDK, its a plain copy of the software running on the camera - it is needed in the porting process.

2. My children put in my Canon A570 not correct batteries... after this camera died... is it possible to repair it in home conditions???

Depends - when you put a 9V block in the camera with the assitance of a sledge hammer, you most probably cant repair it. Otherwise, the camera shouldnt be damaged anyway. AA batterys are too small, everything else is too big.

Regards

Ditto.

« Reply #2 on: 22 / December / 2008, 23:06:11 »
Depends - when you put a 9V block in the camera with the assitance of a sledge hammer
I  was so surprised how it was possible!! it was usual AA batterys!!
-----How can I CHECK whether its work or not  (my camera) probably with AC adaptor??

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #3 on: 03 / January / 2009, 10:19:39 »
-----How can I CHECK whether its work or not  (my camera) probably with AC adaptor??

If they broke it with AA batteries by forcing the lid closed when the batteries weren't correctly aligned it's probably broken only mechanically (and maybe electrically if you consider those metal battery holder conductors electrical).

The camera would probably work from an external power supply if that's the case (unless something's badly shorted in the battery compartment, but it's possible that it doesn't even matter since the two power sources aren't really connected to each other).

Try looking into the battery compartment, is something loose, bent, cracked etc and does it close as smoothly as it used to?