suggestion for CHDK releases sub forums - Forum related topics (including issues) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

suggestion for CHDK releases sub forums

• 10 Replies

Offline reyalp

suggestion for CHDK releases sub forums
« on: 06 / January / 2009, 22:22:39 »
Advertisements
Almost all the posts in the subforums of the "CHDK releases" forum are actually about the current trunk, and so belong in the main forum. Except for Mircofunguys, all these builds are obsolete and have not been updated in a long time.

The way it is currently set up, people obviously get the impression that allbest etc are still active, and post there with issues that actually have nothing to do with the old builds. Perhaps these forums could be closed, or grouped in into an "obsolete builds" subforum ?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: suggestion for CHDK releases sub forums
« Reply #1 on: 07 / January / 2009, 06:47:07 »
Except for Mircofunguys, all these builds are obsolete

I have no objection to removing my builds and only discussing the one  CHDK build in this forum.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #2 on: 07 / January / 2009, 10:01:35 »
i guess i wont have to articulate my feelings on this suggestion :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 07 / January / 2009, 14:40:04 »
Except for Mircofunguys, all these builds are obsolete

I have no objection to removing my builds and only discussing the one  CHDK build in this forum.

That's not what I was suggesting at all. As long as SDM continues to be developed it's quite reasonable to have it's own subforum.

I specifically meant the other forums: Allbest, Grand, Fingalo, MX3. The only recent posts in these are about the trunk (or CHDK in general), and having the presence of those threads clearly gives people the mistaken impression those builds are current.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 07 / January / 2009, 16:46:26 »
That's not what I was suggesting at all

I am not suggesting you were.

I am just saying that if it was decided (by some 'unknown' group) that discussion of just one CHDK was preferable then I have no objections.

At least one individual has posted the same question about SDM in this forum, the German forum and the Yahoo SDM Group.

« Reply #5 on: 07 / January / 2009, 19:04:05 »
If that is so, then we should probably maintain the SDM subforum and mark the others as obsolete... I think the easiest way is to change the actual name to e.g. "allbest (obsolete)".

As for one CHDK, I don't think that is acceptable... I think there is always room for more branches, if there should be someone who needs to branch out/in/up/down/wherever...
« Last Edit: 07 / January / 2009, 19:12:10 by acseven »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #6 on: 07 / January / 2009, 19:20:01 »
i would move them to a subforum, as reyalp already advised. somewhere "hard to find" for a new user. or maybe lock them?

« Reply #7 on: 07 / January / 2009, 19:29:59 »
Ok, I guess I'll do that.

If you come to think it should be done some other way, we'll talk it over again.

Cheers

« Reply #8 on: 08 / January / 2009, 06:34:03 »
Strictly, it should be titled 'Obsolete Other Builds'  rather than  'Other Obsolete Builds'.

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
« Reply #9 on: 08 / January / 2009, 06:41:55 »
Child Boards: Microfunguy's Builds, Other Obsolete Builds

I bet there was no pun intended.  :lol