• 39 Replies

Offline PS

• A610 1.00f
« Reply #30 on: 21 / March / 2008, 13:56:52 »
Advertisements
« Last Edit: 23 / January / 2010, 15:59:03 by PS »

Re: ZERO NOISE PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #31 on: 11 / April / 2008, 11:38:18 »
since chdk is release for the S5, I'm just wondering how can I do the 3/4 technique? I'm total newbie with chdk...

I'm just guessing here with a manual process (please correct me):
 - set the camera to TV
 - set a custom white balance
 - take the first picture
 - ?? (reduce shutter speed to what?)
 - take the second picture
 - do a raw average with the merge menu

or
 - set the camera to P
 - set a custom white balance
 - take the first picture
 - use the canon quick exposure override and set to +3
 - take the second picture
 - do a raw average with the merge menu

or use the "Bracketing in Continuous Mode" with a self timer, set: TV +3
but I don't know how to use it and to fire only 2 pictures? first one normally exposed and the second one with the bracketing value...

and with an automatic script?

I supposed this technique is for static object!

Offline PS

• A610 1.00f
« Reply #32 on: 11 / April / 2008, 18:42:17 »
« Last Edit: 23 / January / 2010, 16:05:50 by PS »

« Reply #33 on: 11 / April / 2008, 23:34:21 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 09:56:01 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #34 on: 12 / April / 2008, 05:25:35 »
Hi Barney Fife!
I agree with you concerning the "painted "effect of some HDR pictures. I tried to use many HDR software and methods, like using Photomatix (the worse, according to me!), photoshop... and I ended using a small freeware called "Traumflieger". All you have to do is upload your pictures, and in no time, it creates a 16 bits Tiff file that you can process "wherever" you want. I personally use photoshop. I open the 16-bits Tiff file with camera raw, and i can tell you that your Tiff file is almost as versatile as a raw file, even concerning white balance. The I open it in photoshop en end the work. The only limitation of Traumflieger is that there is no "alignement" feature, so you must use a tripod.
Look at the result by yourself, and tell me what you think of it. According to me, this method produces much more "natural looking" pictures than any other specialized software like Photomatix.
Regards.

« Reply #35 on: 12 / April / 2008, 08:28:19 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 09:56:21 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #36 on: 12 / April / 2008, 08:40:32 »
You can even do hand-held HDR bracket shots if you use that.
Really? It's not the first April today I thought?
I already tried with hugin and the unstiched tiffs, but it didn't work too good.
I should install the next HDR tool, why can't any programmer be as smart to put just a binary without installer and the sources folder on the web? How I hate installing. ::)

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #37 on: 12 / April / 2008, 09:29:07 »
You might also find Enfuse useful:
http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse

It's not hdr but instead a different approach to get what you often would like your tonemapped hdr to look like.

« Reply #38 on: 12 / April / 2008, 11:42:36 »
Or you might also find TuFuse useful, it do both exposure and focus bracketing:

http://www.tawbaware.com/tufuse.htm

It's like Enfuse based on image fusion ( I think wavelet) and its also for free.

« Reply #39 on: 15 / April / 2008, 14:08:28 »
You can even do hand-held HDR bracket shots if you use that.
Really? It's not the first April today I thought?
I already tried with hugin and the unstiched tiffs, but it didn't work too good.
I should install the next HDR tool, why can't any programmer be as smart to put just a binary without installer and the sources folder on the web? How I hate installing. ::)

easyHDR can manually align HDR shots from warped shots. Also automatically.
Photo Acute does it automatically, with sub-pixel precision.

Both can save the new aligned photos with no processing, in case you prefer something else. Even Photoshop does a decent job at aligning hand-held brackets.