building usb-remote-cable - page 12 - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

building usb-remote-cable

• 474 Replies

Offline Pauls9

• S3 IS
Re: building usb-remote-cable
« Reply #110 on: 28 / May / 2008, 04:44:04 »
Advertisements
Back to basics, A_Str8:

Here's the simplest circuit:

On this page are pictures of a finished release:

http://ewavr.nm.ru/chdk/remote.htm

And you need to run this script:

Code: [Select]
@title Remote button
while 1
  wait_click 1
  if is_key "remote" then shoot
wend

end

Notes:

1. For some cameras the single lithium cell doesn't provide enough voltage, hence the discussions about higher voltages and regulators in this thread.
2. You could omit the connector and wire a USB lead directly to the PCB.

« Reply #111 on: 28 / May / 2008, 04:50:10 »
you need to run this script:

You may like to know that with 'StereoData Maker' you do not need to run a script.

As well as a home-made switch you can also use a Ricoh CA-1 http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/ca1.htm
This focuses on half-press and takes photo on full-press-and-release.

« Reply #112 on: 28 / May / 2008, 08:42:27 »
Thanks Pauls. That's exactly what I was looking for

« Reply #113 on: 28 / May / 2008, 10:24:46 »
I just created a page on the wiki. Pauls, I hope it's ok that i used your image. As I learn more, I'll try to update the page. Everyone else - feel free to add your knowledge.

USB Remote Cable - CHDK Wiki

« Reply #114 on: 28 / May / 2008, 12:07:05 »
that Ricoh CA-1 looks pretty neat.  does it only run off a single AAA battery?  i wouldn't mind getting one just so i dont have to do any more work, but i assume the cost greatly outweighs the work i'd put into making a usb cable.
on a related note, i bought the wrong type of mini-usb cable for this project and didn't notice until i was all done ripping it apart, ripping up a mini flashlight apart, soldering everything together and hot glueing it all tight.  is there a converter to convert one mini usb to the other type of mini usb?  i assume i bought a 4 pin instead of a 5 pin.

« Reply #115 on: 28 / May / 2008, 13:05:28 »

Offline Pauls9

• S3 IS
« Reply #116 on: 29 / May / 2008, 04:36:38 »
I just created a page on the wiki. Pauls, I hope it's ok that i used your image.
Yup - no problem A_Str8.

Heh - if I'd known about the Ricoh CA-1 at the start, I'd have bought it. :)

« Reply #117 on: 30 / May / 2008, 14:38:50 »
I have CHDK & SDM compatible, wireless shutter remotes.  These are professionaly designed, built to order modules. Assembled transmitter/receiver pair cost $80.00.  Just the transmitter or just the receiver cost $50.00 if purchased separately.  Shipping depends on where it's getting sent, but I will typically use a flat rate box within the US.

Email: DanielRoy119@gmail.com for photos, or if you are interested in purchasing.  I accept PayPal.

Technical Specs:
*Over 100ft wireless range.
*Compatible with SDM Software
*One remote can shutter 1 through 256 cameras simultaneously
*Script coming soon to let wireless remote change the focus, Tv, Av, & ISO settings in CHDK

« Last Edit: 30 / May / 2008, 23:57:17 by drippinsnowman »

« Reply #118 on: 30 / May / 2008, 22:43:39 »
I have CHDK compatible, wireless shutter remotes.  These are professionaly designed, built to order modules.  I will happily give away the design files in the spirit of open source.  Assembled modules cost $50.00. 

Email: DanielRoy119@gmail.com for design files, photos, or if you are interested in purchasing a complete module.

Technical Specs:
over 100ft wireless range.

Photos? Does it work with the current SDM software?

« Reply #119 on: 31 / May / 2008, 00:21:01 »
I'm setting up a little website this weekend so you can browse the pictures and everything....  I also have wired versions available too!