SD990 - page 15 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

SD990

• 206 Replies
Re: SD990
« Reply #140 on: 01 / August / 2009, 18:41:23 »
Advertisements
Hy!

I don't have any programming knowledge, but I have 1.01B fw. Could somebody compare the 2 fws, and make a blind port?
Please! I'd like to enjoy the benefits of CHDK!

Thanks!!  :)

« Reply #141 on: 09 / August / 2009, 12:26:30 »
 ;)  A friend of mine informed me of CHDK.  Great program for my SD990!!  Thanks.  I finally got RAW working, which is the main feature I was looking for.  For some reason I can't get Bracketing to work.  Does it work in this beta software?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #142 on: 09 / August / 2009, 13:59:52 »
Hello & welcome, Darrelj !
;) For some reason I can't get Bracketing to work.  Does it work in this beta software?
Yes, of course.

Ok, I see what you mean. So I can only take pictures in the regular mode. But how will I be able to use features such as bracketing?
Enter the <Alt> with PRINT, enter CHDK menu with MENU, set up wat you want...

-> set "TV bracketing value" to [2 Ev], "Brackting type" to [+/-], exit Alt mode, use the custom timer (set up to 1s delay, 3 shots)

« Reply #143 on: 09 / August / 2009, 14:15:21 »
Thanks.  I'll try that. On a separate question, I see that Zebra mode always shows the lower half of the LCD display with striped lines.  Is that normal?

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #144 on: 09 / August / 2009, 17:11:29 »
On a separate question, I see that Zebra mode always shows the lower half of the LCD display with striped lines.  Is that normal?
Hmmm - with zebra on, only over- or underexposured areas of the liveview should be marked...

See Zebra parameters and also some sample images here.

To make sure it's not an issue with your CHDK settings, you should reset these settings to the default values
(Reset options to default... from the CHDK Miscellaneous menu).

If this doesn't help, it would be helpful if you post an image of the screen (e.g. taken with with the camera of a mobile phone) here...

« Reply #145 on: 09 / August / 2009, 17:48:45 »
Here's a shot of the effect.  Sorry, it's not very clear, but when zebra flashes, you see the the whole lower half of the image is covered with a series of horizontal lines.

« Reply #146 on: 09 / August / 2009, 17:58:08 »
Resetting caused the effect to go away.  Now I just have to go set everything up again. 

Anyway, thanks.  I'm still not able to get bracketing to work, but maybe its operator error.  I set everything up the way you suggested.  When bracketing do I have to hold the button down, or does it automatically do the three bracket pictures?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #147 on: 09 / August / 2009, 18:21:54 »
Zebra does not work on this camera. Making it work would require significant hacking of the zebra code, because of the difference between bitmap and live view resolutions.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #148 on: 09 / August / 2009, 18:30:55 »
Resetting caused the effect to go away.  Now I just have to go set everything up again. 
Oh, now i remember....thx reyalP

I'm still not able to get bracketing to work, but maybe its operator error.  I set everything up the way you suggested.  When bracketing do I have to hold the button down, or does it automatically do the three bracket pictures?

a) First you have to adjust the Canon custom timer mode (see page 75 of the SD990 manual, pdf version, see image 1)
    Set it to "Delay"=2 seconds, "Shots"=3
    This settings will be stored by the camera, so you have to set up this only once...

b) Then set up the CHDK Bracketing:
   "TV bracketing value" = [2 Ev]
   "Brackting type" = [+/-]

If you disable "Clear bracket values on start", then the settings will be saved,
   otherwise you have to set them up again each time you've powered off the camera.

c) Now let's bracket:
  • Switch to the "Custom-Timer" mode of the camera (press the DOWN button until you see the (c) symbol)
  • Half-press & hold the shutter to focus
  • then full-press the shutter button & release it
  • hold the camera, do not move...

-> Now the camera waits for 2 seconds (the Delay value you set up in the menu),
-> then the camera will take 3 shots (as setup with "Shots"=3 in the menu) with the CHDK bracketing:
     1st shot with the camera's default exposure,
     the 2nd shot with +2 Ev (overexposured)
     and the 3rd shot with -2 Ev (underexposured)

« Reply #149 on: 09 / August / 2009, 18:38:18 »
Thanks for taking the time to spell it out.  I'll try it step-by-step.  For me, the biggest gain with CHDK is RAW --the rest is just icing on the cake, and I'm just playing around with these new features.  Congratulations on a great hack!