SD990 - page 20 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SD990

• 206 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SD990
« Reply #190 on: 05 / September / 2010, 22:16:16 »
Advertisements
reyalp, not to overwhelm you or anything, but just wondering if this feature is possible.

Writing a script to automatically trigger flash (and the picture) upon a threshold noise level (picked up through the microphone).
No. CHDK doesn't not currently have the capability to use the sound hardware in this way. You might be able to do it with eventprocs, but if possible, it will require significant hacking. See http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Event_Procedure  Some of the information from the Canon basic thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,5549.0.html may also be useful, the people who figured out how to run that did some stuff with sound eventprocs.

I'd be glad to try although I haven't coded in a while.  Could you help me out on where I should go to learn how to code scripts for the sd990?
Scripting works the same way for all CHDK cameras (there are some camera specific variation and quirks, but the fundamentals are all the same). I suggest you start with the script related categories on the wiki http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Scripts http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:UBASIC http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:LUA

This thread is for SD990 development. Please make non-sd990 specific posts in the appropriate subforum.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #191 on: 06 / September / 2010, 21:08:12 »
In changeset 935 zebra should be fixed. Please let me know. You may have to adjust the thresholds to get reasonable zebra function.

Zebra is working.
Thanks.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #192 on: 07 / September / 2010, 01:11:04 »
Zebra is working.
Thanks for confirming. I've removed the beta label from this port.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #193 on: 09 / September / 2010, 11:19:10 »
Downloaded the latest autobuild and all looks great,  my old eyes really like the larger font,  everything seems to work

Hans
It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness Equip, S100 w/CHDK, SD900 w/CHDK, SD990 w/CHDK & Pentax K2000, Pentax Kr
Flickr:

Offline koshy

« Reply #194 on: 23 / October / 2014, 13:50:41 »
Continuing this here as nafraf suggested.

PS: If this camera can also be included in the custom color palette work I'd like that.
We can try to implement custom colors for ixus980, I think it is better to discuss this on ixus980_sd990 porting thread.

We need to discover the value of active_palette_buffer on rec and play mode. Please use the patch in attachment, and enable Misc values (CHDK menu -> Miscellaneous Stuff -> Debug Parameters -> Show Misc. Values [ x ] )
Please tell me the value of active_palette_buffer (APB) on rec and play mode.

Additionally, please post an image of palette on rec and play mode. (CHDK menu -> CHDK Settings -> Color Settings -> Draw Palette).

Thanks
Thanks for the patch. I tested for the values you wanted.

APB in Rec mode is 0, APB in play mode is 1.

While the Canon native menu is up APB depends on what TAB on that menu is active.
In play mode there are four tabs (APB values 7,8,11,13), in rec mode there are three tabs (APB values 5,11,13). I don't know if you need that menu business I'm listing it for completeness' sake.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #195 on: 24 / October / 2014, 05:25:59 »
Here are the palette screen shots. Top is Rec, second is Play. The lwermost three are the three active tabs inside Canon Menu in Rec mode. They are all of the same fashion. Funny that of the few colors that do vary between them one is used for CHDK menu as it is...

From top to bottom APB values 0,1,5,11,13
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline nafraf

« Reply #196 on: 24 / October / 2014, 09:02:36 »
Thanks.
Patch to load custom colors (PLAY and REC modes).
EDIT: Patch updated, new version includes transparent dark grey
« Last Edit: 26 / October / 2014, 12:23:51 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

« Reply #197 on: 27 / October / 2014, 16:56:36 »
Thanks.
Patch to load custom colors (PLAY and REC modes).
EDIT: Patch updated, new version includes transparent dark grey
Works but default menu colors still seem to be what they were. Updated screen shots enclosed. Rec first, then Play.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #198 on: 27 / October / 2014, 18:34:02 »
Could you reset CHDK Colors configuration?
CHDK Menu-> CHDK Settings -> Color Settings -> Reset All Colors

Offline koshy

« Reply #199 on: 27 / October / 2014, 20:16:06 »
Could you reset CHDK Colors configuration?
CHDK Menu-> CHDK Settings -> Color Settings -> Reset All Colors
Yes, thank you that was what was needed. After the reset it looks just like what Waterwingz was proposing as the default menu color set in the other thread. Very nice compared to what there was before...