SD CARD DUO - MEMORY CARD ERROR on G9 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

SD CARD DUO - MEMORY CARD ERROR on G9

• 2 Replies
SD CARD DUO - MEMORY CARD ERROR on G9
« on: 18 / January / 2009, 16:30:42 »
Advertisements
Hi everyone, I really tried to investigate this problem before posting but seems no one has the answer or the problem that I have.

Canon PS G9
P-ID: 315A
Firmware: GM1.00D
SD card: 2GB SD card DUO (intergrated USB)
http://www.redferret.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/sdduomemorycard_small.jpg

CHDK ver tried:
g9-100d-0.9.1-678-full.zip
g9-100d-0.9.1-678small.zip
CHDK-g9-100d-0.9.2-679.zip

Bootable SD card created using:
bootable.exe
or
CardTricks143.exe

Problem:
When DISKBOOT.BIN exists on SD card and SD card is LOCKED. "MEMORY CARD ERROR" appears on G9 display. :o Menu informing CHDK is installed on the camera as well. Lens is rectracted. This error is shown by either starting in "preview mode" or "shooting mode".

I can look throuh all settings of CHDK and though all settings of Canon menu.
When I half press shoot button, lens comes out. MEMORY CARD ERROR stays on the top of the screen.
Seems that as long as I have this error no photos are taken or able to preview. When I unlock SD card all works as it should (no CHDK)

Card is fine when unlocked or when used with computer. I tried formating card and make it bootable by all tools suggested. I played around with HDHACKER as well.  :-[

Can someone tell me what is wrong? The process of getting CHDK on the camera, SD card with DUO not supported. Anything else I omit to read through?

After the test with normal SD card 2GB I have to say that SD card DUO doesnt work with CHDK as it should. You can browse all menus but you cant access "Load script menu" as it doesnt show folder structure of the card.
This Thread is now be closed!
« Last Edit: 20 / January / 2009, 05:00:57 by coudy »

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
Re: MEMORY CARD ERROR on G9 - SD card is ok
« Reply #1 on: 18 / January / 2009, 21:22:14 »
Have you tried with a non DUO card?

I have an ADATA 2Gb SD DUO and I always had problems with it and CHDK. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. It could be just a coincidence or there is a problem with DUO cards and CHDK.

Re: MEMORY CARD ERROR on G9 - SD card is ok
« Reply #2 on: 19 / January / 2009, 05:09:02 »
Hi, thanks for that info. I should get non DUO card to test. I only have 8GB atm. Will try to test with normal 2GB card then.