Ixus 75 Firmware Version - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Ixus 75 Firmware Version

• 3 Replies
Ixus 75 Firmware Version
« on: 19 / January / 2009, 16:28:48 »
Advertisements
Complete newbie here. please be patient with me!

I have an Ixus 75.... after two hours! I managed to get it to tell me "Firmware Ver. 1010"
So all excited I go back to CHDK only to be told:

"To find your camera's firmware version number, follow the directions in the FAQ. (Please note: your camera's firmware version is NOT 1.0.0.0 or 1.0.1.0!    It's a number that looks similar to this example: 1.01e. See the FAQ to find the actual version number.) - update: in the autobuilds usually there is the mentioned vers.req file you need for finding out your firmware version"

How do I get my camera's Frimware version No? (If possible can people give answers in english sentences rather than three letter accronyms and file names that mean nothing to me.)

Cheers,

Dave.

Offline fvdk

• Ixus 70 1.01b / 1.02a & Powershot A590is 1.01b
    • My Flickr photo page
Re: Ixus 75 Firmware Version
« Reply #1 on: 19 / January / 2009, 16:53:54 »
Complete newbie here. please be patient with me!

I have an Ixus 75.... after two hours! I managed to get it to tell me "Firmware Ver. 1010"
So all excited I go back to CHDK only to be told:

"To find your camera's firmware version number, follow the directions in the FAQ. (Please note: your camera's firmware version is NOT 1.0.0.0 or 1.0.1.0!    It's a number that looks similar to this example: 1.01e. See the FAQ to find the actual version number.) - update: in the autobuilds usually there is the mentioned vers.req file you need for finding out your firmware version"

How do I get my camera's Frimware version No? (If possible can people give answers in english sentences rather than three letter accronyms and file names that mean nothing to me.)

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

It seems to me that this is in plain English

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_for_Dummies#How_to_determine_the_firmware_version_of_a_Canon_P.26S_camera

Frans

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #2 on: 19 / January / 2009, 17:05:02 »
@frans

... en daar is geen woord frans bij - "eer schept men water met een zeef, dan wijsheid zonder boeken" (lezen in dit geval)

sorry, couldn't help myself

wim

« Reply #3 on: 19 / January / 2009, 17:31:34 »
Ha! Cheers guys...
It was very clear. I only wish I'd been able to find that myself!
THanks
Dave.