• 7 Replies

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Empty page...
« on: 17 / December / 2007, 03:46:39 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I can't read the second page of the topic "long exposure- noise reduction = amp glow" using Firefox. I've got totally empty page. ???  I had not experienced any problems using this forum with Firefox before. Any other pages (include page 1 of the problematic topic) are shown normally. This behavior does not depend on the forum theme I use. The problem is reproduced in Firefox on different machines under WinXP and Linux.
In the same time, IE shows the page normally. But it seems that the forum uses different mechanism for IE (as least the URL string is different).
CHDK Developer.

Re: Empty page...
« Reply #1 on: 17 / December / 2007, 04:38:06 »
But it seems that the forum uses different mechanism for IE (as least the URL string is different).

Have you tried to view the page when you are logged-off? It doesn't show the page in Firefox and IE when I am logged on. Are on the page any attached pictures (large ones?)?

Damir

« Reply #2 on: 17 / December / 2007, 07:33:13 »
I think it was me.
I tried to up two pics as attachment (one about 350k the other about 150k). Showing the same problem with my g7. While upping i received an error message like "your connection timed out while submitting your post". Just after that, i wasn't able to view the thread (and edit my post).
I'm very sorry if i did harm to the board. It wasn't my intention at all  :'(
« Last Edit: 17 / December / 2007, 07:39:50 by hindenburg »

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #3 on: 17 / December / 2007, 07:58:06 »
Have you tried to view the page when you are logged-off?
Yeah. It shows the page if I'm not logged-in.
CHDK Developer.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #4 on: 17 / December / 2007, 08:16:25 »
2hindenburg
Try opening any your post to modify, then replace the values in the URL to the following:
msg=1163;topic=94

I hope you will be able to edit the problematic post.
« Last Edit: 17 / December / 2007, 09:21:41 by GrAnd »
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #5 on: 17 / December / 2007, 08:53:13 »
Problem solved. Thanks very much for your help Grand!  :D
« Last Edit: 17 / December / 2007, 09:01:34 by hindenburg »

« Reply #6 on: 17 / December / 2007, 17:21:33 »
I noticed that broken page last night too. Seems to be working today though. It does have a large file embedded, that may have caused it.

[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #7 on: 19 / December / 2007, 15:08:08 »
hmm... wierd...

Glad it's solved.

Cheers