G7 ... can see the new battery life percentage but nothing else new - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

G7 ... can see the new battery life percentage but nothing else new

• 3 Replies
Advertisements
I just tried out the CHDK hack for my G7 "version i". I can see the new battery life percentage but nothing else new. I installed the new firmware correctly I believe. The small blue screen comes up saying the CHDK version, then disappears. After that I am left with the remark "no image" as the camera is in playback mode. I tried pressing the shutter halfway, then pressing the direct print button at the top left... but see nothing... no blue  boxes at the bottom as the instructions I have read mention.

Have I missed a step?

Re: G7 ... can see the new battery life percentage but nothing else new
« Reply #1 on: 14 / January / 2008, 07:50:17 »
Finally I found instructions that were 100% clear. The ones I saw earlier were speaking of the direct print button being in the top right (though I knew they meant left). The part that they failed to mention was that the next step is to push the garbage can button.

« Reply #2 on: 24 / January / 2008, 16:46:58 »
I think you also want to see the menu of chdk? after loading it, do ALT+MENU to view it. ALT meaning the direct print button on the top left as you said earlier.

« Reply #3 on: 24 / January / 2008, 23:53:39 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:08:19 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye