A sledgehammer ;)
Seriously - it's just too old.
« Last Edit: 07 / May / 2008, 06:15:25 by vine »
my photo map

my chdk page with tutorials, scripts and more

>> finally back from vacation (was a bit longer than intended) <<

Re: Help for A95
« Reply #2 on: 07 / May / 2008, 09:07:56 »
Ha.. I got my A40 out the other day... man that thing was huge!!!  It still takes great pictures, though!  A good use for older Axx Powershots is to get PSRemote (google it) for controlling it all via your PC.  You can do your own PC controlled time lapse, stock animation etc.  Your A95 is one of the supported cams.  Have a look at PSRemote - Canon PowerShot Remote Capture Camera Software to see if it might spring some further use out of it.  Purely for the 'onion skin' ability for animation, i'm now hanging onto my A40.

Either that or scout for a cheap waterproof case (often more money than the actual camera) and use your A95 as a dedicated 'throw away' underwater camera.  (that is if you have another camera).

If you only have the A95.. consider upgrading to at least an A540.  I went from an A40 to an A570... WOW!!  Thought my A40 was great, the A570 blows it away, and with CHDK support, I doubt I will upgrade for several several years. (plus I have just bought an EOS, yay!)

Steveo
PS 570IS User
EOS 350D/XT User

« Reply #3 on: 13 / May / 2008, 11:05:02 »
I do agree on your point steveo, although A95 is already considered by most as outdated, it still amzes on clarity of pictures if gives, speed might be a problem but you need to adjust to, mind you i already used this cam for some underwater stint using special camera plastic.  I do have a new camera 400D and i dont any plan to put my A95 aside.  Thanks for the suggestion, i'll be gicing you feedback on it.

jonathan

« Reply #4 on: 09 / February / 2009, 11:49:01 »
I know this is a resurrect but Vine made me laugh with that comment!

I love my A95 and nobody would sledge it!  I decided to bring it out last night (the A95 that is) to test it out and I have to say it's still amazes me how clear the pics are with that cam.  Heck, I sold my A720IS to buy my new SD790IS and decided to keep the A95!  I love the fact it has a flip screen and full manual mode!  I hate the fact that we are limited in video mode...  But that is less important for me.
SD790IS and A95