Would be possible a CHDK for Canon SX1 in the Future? - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Would be possible a CHDK for Canon SX1 in the Future?

• 9 Replies
Would be possible a CHDK for Canon SX1 in the Future?
« on: 17 / February / 2009, 08:27:56 »
Advertisements
I know thats still soon because the camera is new in the market.
But Would be possible a CHDK for Canon SX1 in the Future?
Because i own one and that really lame to not have RAW support.
And i know that some of the developers need to get his hand in one to be able to develop the hank.
So i think i can help by testing it in my camera if there is any version being developed for this model.

Thanks.

Offline reyalp

Re: Would be possible a CHDK for Canon SX1 in the Future?
« Reply #1 on: 17 / February / 2009, 21:56:32 »
If you can't find a development thread for a given camera or any mention of development on the cameras wiki page, chances are no one is actively working on it.

The SX1 wiki page is http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX1

edit:
BTW, looks like canon is listening, you won't need CHDK for raw http://www.dpreview.com/news/0902/09021807canonsx1isfirmwareupdate.asp
« Last Edit: 18 / February / 2009, 01:16:52 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #3 on: 18 / February / 2009, 12:35:38 »
Thanks people for the help.
Sure will be cool to have RAW but the other CHDK features sure are sweet, so ill stay toned and see in what i can help.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #4 on: 18 / February / 2009, 13:18:22 »
funny that canon enables raw via a firmware update. remember, kids, a real firmware update can damage your camera - go the safe way, the chdk way, to enable raw instead ;)

Offline Howdy

• [S5 IS]
« Reply #5 on: 18 / February / 2009, 14:03:11 »
But maybe the Devs can learn a bit from Canon :). Do you think it is possible to check how Canon did the RAW support and find the way to obtain the color matrix and white balance information from the camera itself?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #6 on: 18 / February / 2009, 14:29:57 »
But maybe the Devs can learn a bit from Canon :). Do you think it is possible to check how Canon did the RAW support and find the way to obtain the color matrix and white balance information from the camera itself?

Not a bad idea at all... has anyone tried this before? I haven't. I believe we already have white balance to DNG from camera, but color matrix is indeed missing. Instead of SX1, it would probably be worth exploring this on an already ported camera with Canon RAW. Which models are they?

« Reply #7 on: 18 / February / 2009, 16:53:22 »
I think G9 is the only camera that have both canon raw and CHDK suppport.

« Reply #8 on: 18 / March / 2009, 13:48:28 »
RAW is already available in SX1, at first is an awesome  news and it is true, raw really looks good but there is a fatal flaw RAW only works in some modes and modes such long exposure don't have RAW, i don't know whats canon thinking.
Anyway i only can wait for a CHDK or buy a new camera if i want a complete and solid firmware :(

« Reply #9 on: 19 / March / 2009, 08:07:00 »
btw people whats the best and chiepest camera with the most solid CHDK?
because i really want to give it a try in CHDK and i could buy one low end camera just to see how this improves performance in a compact camera.