Whoa! ****MAJOR**** High-Speed Shutter-Speed Discovery! - page 6 - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum  

Whoa! ****MAJOR**** High-Speed Shutter-Speed Discovery!

• 119 Replies

Offline Kalli

• A620, SX10 IS
Re: Whoa! ****MAJOR**** High-Speed Shutter-Speed Discovery!
« Reply #50 on: 03 / December / 2007, 18:17:50 »
Advertisements
how do I get lower times than (the relative) 1/10000? what's the script? cause I believe my camera can do even lower than that.
I downloaded fingalo's cln128.zip, modified the files: ..\core\conf.c, ..\core\gui.c and ..\platform\a620\sub\100f\capt_seq.c and compiled them without errors.
Because I don't have a CRT or dremel I just took some pictures and tried to compare them in review mode. (as far as my eyes can see the difference...)

« Reply #51 on: 03 / December / 2007, 18:33:07 »
I am using pre14.grand148.md.cln.zsm-a570-101a-128.zip.  I also do not have lables for the first five menu items.  I have english.lng in the chdk/lang directory.  I upgraded from A570 Rossig Build.  Also I am having trouble finding info on usage, perhaps the lables explain enough?

Offline emu

• A710is - Fingalo's build
« Reply #52 on: 03 / December / 2007, 18:39:37 »
the whole water stuff can be done with 1/500 thats no problem. there are more problems with 1/10.000 than advantages. but i did a test with the glow wire of a bulb. even 1/10.000 isn't short enough. i tried bracketing (with a710is) and the cam did three pics with clearly shorter exposure than the 10.000 pic - the pics afterward didn't change.
btw: instead of using the continous shot mode you can also just keep the shuter half pressed after the shot (keep focus) and keep on shooting, the cam will do bracketing. i don't know if that is obvious or if i discovered something fantastic.

if someone is interested i can post the wirepics (or the water pics 1/500 vs. 1/10.000 )

btw: for all you a710 user - you can bypass the blackscreen after flash is empty by a) keeping the shootbutton pressed (flashback to the pic taken) or half pressed ( WOW the screen is showing what it normaly should.)

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
« Reply #53 on: 03 / December / 2007, 18:41:07 »
how do I get lower times than (the relative) 1/10000? what's the script? cause I believe my camera can do even lower than that.
I downloaded fingalo's cln128.zip, modified the files: ..\core\conf.c, ..\core\gui.c and ..\platform\a620\sub\100f\capt_seq.c and compiled them without errors.
Because I don't have a CRT or dremel I just took some pictures and tried to compare them in review mode. (as far as my eyes can see the difference...)

Fingalo said that there would be a script that allows you to set whatever time you want but I haven't seen it posted anywhere

Offline Kalli

• A620, SX10 IS
« Reply #54 on: 03 / December / 2007, 18:45:18 »

Fingalo said that there would be a script that allows you to set whatever time you want but I haven't seen it posted anywhere
on fingalo's site:
Two new script functions to get/set the value of override (could help you to make some automatic shoot testing)

set_tv_override e
0 - 19 for standard values in table below.
You can also set 'raw' tv values:
For even shorter times just add 32 (equals 1/3 EV).
So 1/12800 should be 1277+32 = 1309 etc.

e = get_tv_override
Return index 0 - 19.

« Reply #55 on: 03 / December / 2007, 18:46:42 »
Thanks Barney

Offline emu

• A710is - Fingalo's build
« Reply #56 on: 03 / December / 2007, 18:48:30 »
btw: instead of using the continous shot mode you can also just keep the shuter half pressed after the shot (keep focus) and keep on shooting, the cam will do bracketing. i don't know if that is obvious or if i discovered something fantastic.

Wow, nice find. I just tried that. While in high-speed continuous Tv bracketing, you just press long enough for one shot, then release to half-press position, press again to get the next bracket shot, release half way, you can do that and pause for each bracket shot. This is nice. I can test the high-speed that way instead of a special build. Visually inspecting that high-speed preview between bracket shots, in real-time.

(this is a double post)
by doing this you don't get the blackscreen while the flash is loading with a A710is

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
« Reply #57 on: 03 / December / 2007, 18:55:14 »
@Kalli: yea, I've seen that, that's the script function but what's the rest of the script? I don't know how to build scripts from a script function yet.

Offline Kalli

• A620, SX10 IS
« Reply #58 on: 03 / December / 2007, 19:02:48 »
@Kalli: yea, I've seen that, that's the script function but what's the rest of the script? I don't know how to build scripts from a script function yet.

I didn't use a script, I just modified and recompiled fingalo's source code.

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
« Reply #59 on: 03 / December / 2007, 19:20:42 »
I know somebody with a turbodiesel car that may even open the air intake to expose the fan. at the end of the week I may get him to do this yet I won't be able to post it earlier than sunday I guess.

Can't the AF beam somehow be used for constant lighting the subject as opposed to using the flash?