Motion Detector - paramaters - explanation - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Motion Detector - paramaters - explanation

• 13 Replies

Offline obsidian

• A710IS
Motion Detector - paramaters - explanation
« on: 17 / January / 2008, 07:52:37 »
Advertisements
Can anybody describe me the paramters for the script Multipurpose Motion Detection with practical cases of each parameter? I haven? clear about it.
 Tjanks!
A710IS + 4GB SanDisk Ultra II

Offline rjoe

• Canon S3-IS
    • Archaeology Jobs and Archaeology Field Schools
Re: Motion Detector - paramaters - explanation
« Reply #1 on: 05 / February / 2008, 23:59:48 »
My hat is off to the developers of CHDK and the community of script writers!  Thank you for making the tool I have wanted for my Canon from the start, but did not have the resources to create.

« Reply #2 on: 06 / February / 2008, 00:57:37 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:58:02 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #3 on: 07 / February / 2008, 13:30:38 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:58:23 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline rjoe

• Canon S3-IS
    • Archaeology Jobs and Archaeology Field Schools
« Reply #4 on: 08 / February / 2008, 17:15:23 »
Barney,

Is this looking a bit better?  I do not (yet) have much value of my own to add to it, I am just trying to set up a useful repository.  If you have time drop me a few suggestions and I will build on them.

Thanks for your time

Best,

R. Joe
My hat is off to the developers of CHDK and the community of script writers!  Thank you for making the tool I have wanted for my Canon from the start, but did not have the resources to create.

« Reply #5 on: 08 / February / 2008, 18:37:58 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:58:42 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #6 on: 21 / April / 2008, 08:07:03 »
Trying unsuccessfully to post a table I created in html...
You smite like a girl!

« Reply #7 on: 21 / April / 2008, 09:02:29 »
Anyway, I'm trying to come up with a generic chart for scripts that explain (to us noobs) what all the user-adjustable parameters do. The idea is that the chjart could be copied and reused for any script with only the text being changed.
Obviously some scripts will have many more parameters to define than others, so the ability to extend the chart is necessary.

If I (we) could make this work, than anyone with a question of what the script parameters are meant to control could FIRST, -make the chart, and THEN ask for assistance in filling it. If this was set as "Noob Etiquette Policy" (ie, "The don't pi$$ off Mr. Fife" policy), then people would be forced to participate in the Wiki, in a very structured manner, and Mr. Fife wouldn't have to go in there and make notes about how useless their contributions are (-thus deterring others from contributing in the future, IMO).

Can I get some help with implementing this chart?
I barely know anything about html, so I can't figure out how to make this chart easy to edit for others who can't (or shouldn't) wade through code to insert text.
The chart example I have created is for the script "MD Lightning6", and is located here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/User:SterlingRex
Any suggestions on the chart (such as cell size increase for text, etc) are very much appreciated. This is an effort to structure some of the chaos that is an unfortunate part of the CHDK Wiki.

Thank you for looking. All I can contribute here is a bit of testing and making charts, and I will do what I can to share the burden here so that I may share in the bounty of information.
You smite like a girl!

« Reply #8 on: 21 / April / 2008, 15:27:32 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:59:04 by Barney Fife »

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
    • poll about some pics (not much serious) ^^
« Reply #9 on: 23 / April / 2008, 08:33:57 »
Hej,
Well there are indeed many different motion-detection scripts (some on wiki, some on forums) some with way more parameters than others and it's kinda hard to figure out which script will work and then how to "tune" it for different purposes.
I don't have either any knowledge about scripting so it's even harder to find a way through these scripts/parameters.

I think that would be nice to have some more organized testing about MD, as it's the favourite feature according to the thread with a poll about that.

Well I assume MD lightning or MD something else could be the same script with different settings so there must be a way to gather the good ideas into one script, then explain the settings, and then have it tested + tweaked for different cams ?