Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )

• 1862 Replies
  • Publish
    Re: Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )
    « Reply #1530 on: 19 / March / 2012, 17:59:00 »
    Advertisements

Looks like you've found a bug here: we use the "name" of the selected language to find a match in LANGUAGES.INI; but that name may be translated to the language previously configured in the camera. As the names in that file are in English, it only works if we try to move from English to another language; but fails if we move from non-English to another language.

I'll have a look at it as soon as possible; in the meantime, could you please try to configure the camera to English, then to French / German? Many thanks!

I was thinking the same, though i do not have the camera near me to test this.
    But then, IIRC, when the camera starts, it was using the correctly selected language.
    What would that mean ? The camera starts in english (i think not).
    I will check this tonight too... and if we need we can set  the language IDs instead of language NAMEs in the language.ini file.

I have playing with this for a while, and couldn't get the camera to fail: I changed languages from English to Spanish, then to German, and from there to French; and 400plus always displayed the menus in the correct language....

Offline 0xAF

• 0xAF
  • Publish
    « Reply #1531 on: 19 / March / 2012, 18:12:30 »
    I have playing with this for a while, and couldn't get the camera to fail: I changed languages from English to Spanish, then to German, and from there to French; and 400plus always displayed the menus in the correct language....

May be the reporter did something wrong (or edited the file with wrong tools) ?

Ordinary, can you please try to reproduce ?
    // AF

• Publish
    « Reply #1532 on: 20 / March / 2012, 04:23:28 »

May be the reporter did something wrong (or edited the file with wrong tools) ?

Ordinary, can you please try to reproduce ?

I will " language.ini"file a direct copy of the CF card, cannot switch language;
    I think that the cause of failure is due to the" camera language" and "language.ini" documents in different languages.
    For example, my camera language is set to English, language settings page display: the" German" corresponds to" Deutsch"," French" to" corresponds Francais," Simplified Chinese" corresponds to" 简体中文".

• Publish
    « Reply #1533 on: 20 / March / 2012, 04:33:44 »
    My camera also displays "Deutch" / "Français" / "Español", instead of "German" / "French" / "Spanish", yet I can select any of those languages, and 400plus will change to the selected language; I'm not saying it is not a bug in 400plus, only that I do not think the cause is where you mention.

• Publish
    « Reply #1534 on: 20 / March / 2012, 04:39:30 »

Troubled me for a long time problem
    In the case of not open LANGUAGE.INI "file, copying directly into the CF card, and still can not successfully switch the language, even English changed to any other language.
    I have the language files translated into Simplified Chinese, looking forward to solve this problem

Offline 0xAF

• 0xAF
  • Publish
    « Reply #1535 on: 20 / March / 2012, 04:47:32 »
    Have you changed something in languages.ini ?
    If so, please attach the languages.ini file you're using, so we can try it too.
    It could be a problem with UTF8 languages only, as the latin languages seems to work ok.
    // AF

« Last Edit: 20 / March / 2012, 05:54:41 by Ordinary »

• Publish
    « Reply #1537 on: 22 / March / 2012, 23:07:27 »
    It could be a problem with UTF8 languages only, as the latin languages seems to work ok.

Have been identified UTF8 language problem?
    Ideas to solve it?

I really need.
    « Last Edit: 22 / March / 2012, 23:14:38 by Ordinary »

• Publish
    « Reply #1538 on: 23 / March / 2012, 03:18:58 »

Have been identified UTF8 language problem?
    Ideas to solve it?

I really need.

Ok, let's go step by step...

Download the latest release, copy both files (AUTOEXEC.BIN and LANGUAGES.INI) to an empty card, put the card in the camera, and test that you can select French or Spanish and it works. If this does not work, either there is something weird with your camera, or you are doing something wrong with the files.

If the first step works properly, try now to make a simple change: open it with Notepad++, make some silly change to a Spanish text (change "Guiones" to "Camiones", for example), and see if that works. If the Spanish translation stops working, and you see the texts in English again, then you probably are not using a nice editor.

Finally, if you can safely edit the file, then try to add some Chinese word in the Spanish translation, and see what happens. If this step fails, send us the file (just attach it to a post, or send it to the mailing list, or open an issue in the site) and we'll have a look at it.

• Publish
    « Reply #1539 on: 25 / March / 2012, 07:09:39 »
    Hi guys, whats new?
    Thanks again for coding my handwave script for me.

Has anyone considered making the multi-shot button script?
    Where you set your camera for first shot then hit button to set second or third then it takes pictures with each of the different settings when you push shutter button.

I dont see why peeps didnt jump all over this idea to begin with when i first mentioned it, as  its just like exposure bracketing but simpler, faster, and with many less limitations.
    A little code could save lots of work for many.

Thanks again, I will keep this short as I know how you hate distraction.

party on.