Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )

• 1866 Replies
Re: Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )
« Reply #1630 on: 02 / July / 2012, 02:32:00 »
Advertisements
This issue was also posted as a comment in the UserGuide page; as DJD found the cause himself, but put the answer only there, I'm copying his comment here:

"[...]But the good news is I finally figured out the problem. I had Custom Function 01 "SET button/Cross keys funct." set to "4:Cross keys:AF frame Selec." Once I changed that function back to the default "0:SET:Picture Style" I could finally set the ISO with those buttons and see ISO in the Viewfinder. There should probably be a note in the manual about this requirement. It would have helped me. Cheers, DJD"

I added a comment in the UserGuide yesterday; hope that helps to others that face the same problems.
Thanks DJD!

« Reply #1631 on: 07 / July / 2012, 09:27:21 »
Greetings and thanks to you for all your hard work.

I really like how you renamed our Touchless Trigger.

Here is another Idea I hope somebody else might like and find useful in a positive way.

A stealth mode where pictures taken in this mode are auto erased if card door is opened without unlocking it with code first.
Perhaps playback could be stopped on the pictures taken in this mode by adding an error to the pic file that can be removed later?

Party on!

« Reply #1632 on: 07 / July / 2012, 09:52:12 »
I just read back some and saw the interesting shutter release trigger for scripts. I wonder if using a double click on the half shutter button, so you can have your script ready with other shots possible until script is needed, would be useful?
Please forgive me if its all ready that way or is otherwise uncompatible as i havent been able to check it out yet.

Keep up the great work!

ciao

« Reply #1633 on: 16 / July / 2012, 11:36:39 »
Hi everyone and a big Thanks to to the great work you've done with the 400plus!

I have a question if anyone got an idea what I am doing wrong. I've tried searching the forum and google - but without success (perhaps I was just using the wrong keywords).
I'm trying to use the intervalometer -> which in itself works fine. But one or two weeks ago I wanted the camera to work through the night, making a picuture every 30 seconds from the nightsky.
To save battery power I wanted the display disabled, so I switched it off and then choose Settings > Config-Scripts > LCD Display > off. After that I started the Intervalometer.
To my surprise it took only one picture and then stopped. Only after switching the display on (either by pressing "Display" or "Playback") or pressing the shutter button the camera took another picture.
I tried a little bit to play around - but without success - I couldn't convince the 400D to take more than one picture without doing anything else.
Yesterday I had a little bit more time and downloaded the latest nightly build (20120713-r1408). I deleted the settings file and the presets file on the CF Card and tried intervalometer again -> worked without a hitch. Until I again used Settings -> Config-Scripts -> LCD Display -> Off.
It seems as soon as the Display is switched off (when switching into the 400plus menu) and the Option "Display - Off" under Scripts is activated, the Intervalometer refuses to take anymore pictures.

Does anyone have an idea if that is expected or what settings I would have to make to keep display off and get the Intervalometer working?
As a sidenote:
"Auto Power off" is "Off" (in the standard Canon menu in the 1st settings tab)
"Config-Scripts -> Disable power-off" is "Yes"

Thanks

« Reply #1634 on: 17 / July / 2012, 09:23:32 »
That looks like a bug to me. Using those options, 400plus should just turn the display off, but we have recently learned that it can also put the camera in a low power mode than pauses all running tasks. I'll have a look at this later, thanks for reporting it.

« Reply #1635 on: 04 / August / 2012, 01:20:09 »
Hi!!, first...thanks to all of the developers for such a great piece of software!.

I've been using  the 400plus hack since april. I had some issues with the latest release 20120415-12.
Intervalometer is not working with 1 sec intervals. Can't  making less than 3 sec intervals. I had to rolled out to 20120415-7 release, and 1 sec intervals are working again.

Anyone experience the same issue?

Thanks again!

« Reply #1636 on: 04 / August / 2012, 12:47:03 »
Hi!!, first...thanks to all of the developers for such a great piece of software!.

I've been using  the 400plus hack since april. I had some issues with the latest release 20120415-12.
Intervalometer is not working with 1 sec intervals. Can't  making less than 3 sec intervals. I had to rolled out to 20120415-7 release, and 1 sec intervals are working again.

Anyone experience the same issue?

Thanks again!

We had stability issues with the intervalometer, and had to add some delays between shots; this probably breaks with shorter intervals. I'll have a look at this later, but will probably be hard to fix.

« Reply #1637 on: 06 / August / 2012, 14:53:09 »
Great job on chdk for the eos 400d - I just installed it, nice work guys.

The intervalometer script works perfectly but I can't get the handwaving script to fire the shutter.
In the wiki it says:
"This script will fire the camera when the display-off sensor (at the rear of the camera) is triggered"
Does this mean when you push the 'display off/on' button?
I tried that but nothing happened when I covered and uncovered the lens with my hand.
I can tell the script is running because the blue light flashes and it beeped when started.
Any ideas?

« Reply #1638 on: 06 / August / 2012, 17:16:06 »
Great job on chdk for the eos 400d - I just installed it, nice work guys.

The intervalometer script works perfectly but I can't get the handwaving script to fire the shutter.
In the wiki it says:
"This script will fire the camera when the display-off sensor (at the rear of the camera) is triggered"
Does this mean when you push the 'display off/on' button?
I tried that but nothing happened when I covered and uncovered the lens with my hand.
I can tell the script is running because the blue light flashes and it beeped when started.
Any ideas?

No, it is neither the DISP button nor the front lens. Have you noticed the camera automatically switches the display off when you try to look through the viewfinder? That is: there is a sensor at the back of the camera (two red/black circles just below the viewfinder), that detects when there is an object (your face, usually) near the camera. To start the handwaving script, you must place your hand behind the camera, and trigger that sensor.

Hope this helps.

« Reply #1639 on: 06 / August / 2012, 17:23:50 »
That totally helped.
Thank-you.
;)