Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI ) - page 165 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )

• 1871 Replies
Re: Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )
« Reply #1640 on: 06 / August / 2012, 17:56:04 »
Advertisements
Hi!!, first...thanks to all of the developers for such a great piece of software!.

I've been using  the 400plus hack since april. I had some issues with the latest release 20120415-12.
Intervalometer is not working with 1 sec intervals. Can't  making less than 3 sec intervals. I had to rolled out to 20120415-7 release, and 1 sec intervals are working again.

Anyone experience the same issue?

Thanks again!

I just tried to use the intervalometer with 1s intervals, and it is working; what shutter speed where you using?

« Reply #1641 on: 07 / August / 2012, 17:11:11 »
Hi, edu, thanks for your reply!.
Yes, the intervalometer actually works when you set 1 sec intervals, BUT is not a shot every 1 sec, is more like every 2 or 3 seconds...
I was using a shutther speed of 1/80, and also used 1/600 in others circumstances.

Everything works great with 20120415-7 release, so i keep that version for now.

Cheers!

« Reply #1642 on: 08 / August / 2012, 03:19:39 »
Hi, edu, thanks for your reply!.
Yes, the intervalometer actually works when you set 1 sec intervals, BUT is not a shot every 1 sec, is more like every 2 or 3 seconds...
I was using a shutther speed of 1/80, and also used 1/600 in others circumstances.

Everything works great with 20120415-7 release, so i keep that version for now.

Cheers!

The problem with earlier versions is that sometimes 400plus can fire the shutter too fast, and the camera gets locked or displays an "ERR-99" message. I added some delays, and it seems to be more stable now; but this also means that sometimes the intervalometer may not meet the deadline for a shot, and has to skip forward for the next one. A faster CF card may help, but I cannot guarantee anything...

I'll try to change how those delays work, and see if that improves the situation; but I very much prefer a slow but stable camera than a fast one that fails.

« Reply #1643 on: 08 / August / 2012, 15:00:26 »
Ok, i understand the stability problem. I had some problems too with my camera locking and get unresponsive because of the buffer filling quickly, so im using Jpgs instead of Raw, im sacrifying some quality but i can use 1 sec intervals.

Thank edu!!

Offline ELB

• Flickr Profile
« Reply #1644 on: 10 / August / 2012, 10:01:52 »
I'd like to thank all those who have contributed to developing the 400+. She has made some of my shots so much easier or even possible! I have been happily running it for a year now.

I used to think manipulating a film camera was something any user could do because all the functions were basic and manual. Then I picked up a DSLR. The only way to make your camera work now requires some dev-computer knowledge! Can't wait to try the long exposure script with Perseids meteor shower this weekend.

Many thanks.
Flickr My Tweeter...

Offline 0xAF

• 0xAF
« Reply #1645 on: 11 / August / 2012, 14:09:23 »
Show us the results later ;)
// AF

Offline ELB

• Flickr Profile
« Reply #1646 on: 17 / August / 2012, 11:54:21 »
Forecast was for rain until the am. the Storm slowed and rain didn't come until 2am. Cloud cover was almost 100%... Such a shame. I am still optimistic about using her for long exposure. Just means I need to make another trip to the woods.

Cheers.
Flickr My Tweeter...

Offline 0xAF

• 0xAF
« Reply #1647 on: 17 / August / 2012, 15:23:09 »
cant remember if we already posted this (i do not see it), but if you have a broken camera we may use it.
if it's 400d please contact us, if it's another camera please see here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/whats-new/78-news/133-defective-cameras
// AF

« Reply #1648 on: 29 / August / 2012, 03:22:37 »
hello everyone.. i ve been using this for a while and it's really a great job. i have recomendations. yesterday i tried time lapse and i wish i could select intervalometer in self timer option. i wanted to shoot runrise  if i had an intervalometer option in self timer menu i didnt have to wake up.  and in intervalometer menu shot count restrict to 250 . why is that? i want to shoot thousand maybe? is there a way to resolve this issues?

« Reply #1649 on: 03 / September / 2012, 12:03:08 »
I use CHDK long time but never use some extended functions, as maximum is AEB script. But some problem in the world of DSLR canon not solved. It is lenses of old film cameras. As SIGMA, Tamron etc. Perfect quality, but protocol of controlling apperture is wrong. Shutting only on full open diaphragm. I know that it's really solve in CHDK, because I see is source lens parameters read. It's will be more effective CHDK update than all do before. Main problem is get old commands for old lenses for change it protocols in CHDK and make compatible with new DSLR Cameras.

And issue that I found in 400d plus - I can't shut with long time. I will set all parameters and move cursor to 'ready' (I dont, know how it in english may be 'apply') but nothing matter. use v13 400d plus. camera XTi.