Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI ) - page 179 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )

• 1871 Replies
Re: Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )
« Reply #1780 on: 05 / September / 2013, 18:07:31 »
Advertisements
Hi,

most likely you've already heard about this: http://haxit.blogspot.ch/2013/08/hacking-transcend-wifi-sd-cards.html

He managed to hack a wifi sd-card that is based on a linux system. So I thought that maybe by using a Sd2CF Adapter card this would offer a whole bunch of possibilities by accessing the linux system on the sd wifi from 400plus. I've ordered a Transcend wifi to see if the already existing 400plus is working with it

Regards
F.

Many thanks for the link. I had not read about that hack before, and it looks very interesting: with the proper software, it could allow us to upload files (our AUTOEXEC.BIN mostly) directly to the card, without having to remove it from the camera, before each test. I'm waiting for your results!

Offline 0xAF

• 0xAF
« Reply #1781 on: 06 / September / 2013, 06:22:17 »
Hi,

most likely you've already heard about this: http://haxit.blogspot.ch/2013/08/hacking-transcend-wifi-sd-cards.html

He managed to hack a wifi sd-card that is based on a linux system. So I thought that maybe by using a Sd2CF Adapter card this would offer a whole bunch of possibilities by accessing the linux system on the sd wifi from 400plus. I've ordered a Transcend wifi to see if the already existing 400plus is working with it

Regards
F.

Yeah, pretty cool, please report your results.
// AF

« Reply #1782 on: 07 / September / 2013, 14:29:58 »
me noobie.

I just picked up an XTi used off some bloke. A major upgrade over my first-gen rebel. Naturally, the first thing I do is hack it. Now I'm running 400plus and interested in learning how to write scripts for it. Are LUA scripts compatible with 400plus? Are there other languages I can code them in? My familiarity with LUA is basic, to say the least, but I have a solid understanding of C-derivative and markup languages.

Point me in the right direction. I want to sink my teeth into this one while the novelty is fresh.

Offline 0xAF

• 0xAF
« Reply #1783 on: 07 / September / 2013, 14:51:38 »
me noobie.

I just picked up an XTi used off some bloke. A major upgrade over my first-gen rebel. Naturally, the first thing I do is hack it. Now I'm running 400plus and interested in learning how to write scripts for it. Are LUA scripts compatible with 400plus? Are there other languages I can code them in? My familiarity with LUA is basic, to say the least, but I have a solid understanding of C-derivative and markup languages.

Point me in the right direction. I want to sink my teeth into this one while the novelty is fresh.

There is no scripting language in 400Plus.
The only way to write your own automation is to get the source code and write it in C, then compile and run.
You will need to understand the 400Plus API and Canon API for this. Not so hard to learn.
There is no other option ATM.
// AF

« Reply #1784 on: 10 / September / 2013, 20:30:53 »
Okay... I picked up a book on ANSI C. I downloaded a source package, and I'm thumbing through screens of code. I installed Pelles C IDE, but it sounds like I might need to run a virtual machine to compile this thing. Is that right?

Offline 0xAF

• 0xAF
« Reply #1785 on: 11 / September / 2013, 03:54:21 »
Okay... I picked up a book on ANSI C. I downloaded a source package, and I'm thumbing through screens of code. I installed Pelles C IDE, but it sounds like I might need to run a virtual machine to compile this thing. Is that right?

I think there is a compiler for win32, but we are using linux.
To start with development you can refer to these articles:
https://code.google.com/p/400plus/wiki/devinfo
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=991.0
If you read the ML info, keep in mind that you need our source code. No need to checkout ML source code.
// AF

« Reply #1786 on: 11 / September / 2013, 10:36:27 »
So far so good! I found that the 'menu' files were the best place to start / the simplest place to find a link to what I see coded and what I see on my camera screen. Found all the undocumented navigational features. That was fun. Discovered the markdown file this morning, which helped to clarify some things. Now I'm scanning header files for useful constants and functions, daydreaming, watching clouds go by, brainstorming.

« Reply #1787 on: 11 / September / 2013, 11:00:51 »
So far so good! I found that the 'menu' files were the best place to start / the simplest place to find a link to what I see coded and what I see on my camera screen. Found all the undocumented navigational features. That was fun. Discovered the markdown file this morning, which helped to clarify some things. Now I'm scanning header files for useful constants and functions, daydreaming, watching clouds go by, brainstorming.

Welcome aboard!

« Reply #1788 on: 11 / September / 2013, 14:15:09 »
Hi,

Regards
F.

Yeah, pretty cool, please report your results.

Hi all,

the card arrived. I can confirm that 400plus runs from this card  :D I am using a 'delock sd to cf adapter' (just google it, it is a yellow adapter) and after making the card bootable using EOScard (running under Win8) and transfering/copying the 400plus files from an existing card things worked again. Now I can access my photos from my iPhone/iPad etc. For a list of features have a look at the transcend card docu.

I can also see the Autoexec.bin etc. in the files section using a browser but by default there is no way to upload files from the PC (at least I didn't find it yet).

Maybe I'll try to get an ftp server up&running after hacking the card.  My skills maybe too limited for this though.

Regards

Offline 0xAF

• 0xAF
« Reply #1789 on: 11 / September / 2013, 14:23:35 »

Hi all,

the card arrived. I can confirm that 400plus runs from this card  :D I am using a 'delock sd to cf adapter' (just google it, it is a yellow adapter) and after making the card bootable using EOScard (running under Win8) and transfering/copying the 400plus files from an existing card things worked again. Now I can access my photos from my iPhone/iPad etc. For a list of features have a look at the transcend card docu.

I can also see the Autoexec.bin etc. in the files section using a browser but by default there is no way to upload files from the PC (at least I didn't find it yet).

Maybe I'll try to get an ftp server up&running after hacking the card.  My skills maybe too limited for this though.

Regards

This is cool.
It's pretty important for us, to be able to upload files to the card. Please report if you succeed.
BTW what's the total price for the card and the adapter (reference price)
// AF