- The camera does not support USB "mass storage protocol"
- I use a 8 GB SDHC Card (preformatted with fat32) which is identified with "7.9 GB" (setup menu, formatting option). Have not filled her up yet, so I don't know what happens after 4 GB.
- Since I don't have a SDHC/USB device I have formatted a 1 GB SD card with fat16 and set the bootable flag, so this is where CHDK runs from.
- Instructions in the WIKI and in distributed install.txt are inconsistant and did not apply to my case. "update firmware" has moved up a menu level and seemed necessary to run CHDK.
- make bootable should be explained to just set the boot flag of the memory card's partition
- How exactly does CHDK "overlay" the DryOS functionality? I mean basically this is not new firmware, but just an additional level !?- How does the autoboot-on-card-lock feature work without changing the original firmware?
I would like to .... post a few findings not explained in the wiki.
Hi reyalp,thanks for your reply.QuoteI would like to .... post a few findings not explained in the wiki.I'm sure after a few hundred posts you're familiar with CHDK, but as a total newbie I found the wiki to not easily reveal the information I was looking for.
Started by zeevs
Started by byte0468
Started by NT57
General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases
Started by brma
General Discussion and Assistance
Started by Kraz