ixus870_sd880 port started - page 18 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

ixus870_sd880 port started

• 245 Replies
Re: ixus870_sd880 port started
« Reply #170 on: 16 / June / 2009, 18:05:57 »
Advertisements
Is it possible to enable a Time Lapse feature through CHDK or will Canon have to release a firmware with this option?

I love that feature from my previous Canon and was sad to see it gone from the SD880 when i upgraded.
You can use scripts to do this in CHDK. See the scripting forum http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/board,7.0.html and the wiki http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC

Thanks reyalp. I'll check out the scripting forum.

Offline voz

« Reply #171 on: 18 / June / 2009, 04:08:15 »
I'm having a lot of fun with CHDK on my Ixus 870. Thanks a million for the port!

Just one question: I've read about a "DNG visible via USB" option, but I can't seem to find it. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is it left out on the Ixus 870 for a reason?

Thanks again.

« Reply #172 on: 18 / June / 2009, 07:09:00 »
Just one question: I've read about a "DNG visible via USB" option, but I can't seem to find it. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is it left out on the Ixus 870 for a reason?

It's not there mainly because the reference port I used (SX10) does not have it. I'll have a look at it.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #173 on: 18 / June / 2009, 19:01:56 »
It's not there mainly because the reference port I used (SX10) does not have it. I'll have a look at it.
Unfortunately, the method we used to do this on older cameras does not appear to work on many newer (digic IV ?) cameras. This includes both SX10 and SD990.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Gruga

« Reply #174 on: 13 / July / 2009, 03:05:55 »
Hi, I've been following this thread for awhile. The efforts of the involved programmers are very much appreciated. Too bad I have no relevant knowledge to help. Besides showing my gratitude, I would like to ask if the current beta version is mature enough to be used to build the StereoData Maker variant? I am anticipating to try this camera on stereoscopic pictures.

Best regards.

« Reply #175 on: 13 / July / 2009, 03:58:06 »
Hi, I've been following this thread for awhile. The efforts of the involved programmers are very much appreciated. Too bad I have no relevant knowledge to help. Besides showing my gratitude, I would like to ask if the current beta version is mature enough to be used to build the StereoData Maker variant? I am anticipating to try this camera on stereoscopic pictures.

As far as I know there haven't been any reported problems anymore (except for one vague unreproducible one). This seems to suggest that the port is pretty stable. I'm not sure what the requirements are for SDM, so I can't comment on that.

Another question that follows from yours is whether or not we can remove the beta status from this port.

Offline Gruga

« Reply #176 on: 13 / July / 2009, 06:35:32 »
Thanks mweerden for the prompt response.

It is great to hear from you that the port is stable. Yeah right if the beta status is removed, it might provide a green light for the next great group (SDM group) to go ahead. I really do hope so.

Is there any procedure that the port has to pass to have its beta status removed?

« Reply #177 on: 13 / July / 2009, 06:38:14 »
I would like to ask if the current beta version is mature enough to be used to build the StereoData Maker variant?

Yes, I have already done that.

What firmware version is your camera ?

One little problem ... synch shooting with USB switch is not working correctly.

This is unusual, I am trying to fix the problem.

David

Offline Gruga

« Reply #178 on: 13 / July / 2009, 06:45:39 »
I am still keeping the money for the 2 cameras. :)
I'll run to purchase them if I get the SDM software.

*snap* Ouch, the synch shooting is not working?!
Thanks Microfunguy. Please keep up the good work. I am waiting for your good news.

Regards.

Offline Gruga

« Reply #179 on: 13 / July / 2009, 06:54:21 »
Hi, Microfunguy. Is it possible that I can get the SDM software for ixus870?

And, maybe, is there any way that I could help solving the problem by trying out the software?