Run countdown intervalometer and Eco mode - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Run countdown intervalometer and Eco mode

• 6 Replies
Run countdown intervalometer and Eco mode
« on: 20 / March / 2020, 08:39:21 »
Advertisements
Hi I've successfully downloaded and running the countdown intervalometer script - works great. But would like to turn the LCD off between shots.
My camera Ixus 185 does this automatically in 'Eco mode" but the script seems to override it.
Is there a way to run the script with Eco mode simultaneously? Or will the script always override other camera settings?

Regards
Michael

Re: Run countdown intervalometer and Eco mode
« Reply #1 on: 20 / March / 2020, 10:20:51 »
Hi I've successfully downloaded and running the countdown intervalometer script - works great.
There are hundreds of intervalometer scripts usable with CHDK, many with the same name. 

Do you mean this one :  Countdown_Intervalometer ? ? ?

But would like to turn the LCD off between shots.
My camera Ixus 185 does this automatically in 'Eco mode" but the script seems to override it. Is there a way to run the script with Eco mode simultaneously? Or will the script always override other camera settings?

There is a function you can call within a script to disable the LCD : set_lcd_display

You can also simply turn off the backlight : set_backlight

This will result in a little power savings but probably not as much as your might expect.

EDIT : you can also go to the CHDK menu and disable the option that keeps the LCD "on" in various conditions.

CHDK Settings -> Disable LCD Off [ Never ]

but the display off time depends on a setting in the Canon setup menu.
« Last Edit: 20 / March / 2020, 10:55:54 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 20 / March / 2020, 18:50:05 »
Yes countdown intervalometer as Bas file works well.
I downloaded chdk from the official download page for my camera model.
I copied the ultimate intervalometer script file directly from the link in that thread. It doesn't run on Ixus 185.

« Reply #3 on: 20 / March / 2020, 19:10:02 »
Actually the chdk download was from here:
http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/

This is the unstable version page. There is nothing listed for the Ixus 185 on the stable version page. Maybe the unstable version still has bugs?

« Reply #4 on: 20 / March / 2020, 19:14:50 »
I copied the ultimate intervalometer script file directly from the link in that thread. It doesn't run on Ixus 185.
Ultimate.lua will run perfectly on an IXUS185 if (and when) you get around to installing CHDK properly.   See my reponse to your other posting about this here : https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=14011.msg142968#msg142968

Actually the chdk download was from here:
http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/

This is the unstable version page. There is nothing listed for the Ixus 185 on the stable version page. Maybe the unstable version still has bugs?
There is always the possibility of bugs with any version of CHDK.  But that's not what is causing your problem in this case.

« Reply #5 on: 20 / March / 2020, 20:05:16 »
There are two unstable versions, I'll try and load the other one and see if that's any better.

« Reply #6 on: 20 / March / 2020, 20:12:34 »
There are two unstable versions, I'll try and load the other one and see if that's any better.
If you have been trying to use the small version that explains your problems.  We really should eliminate that - its only for updating a complete install and dates back to when the internet was slow. 

Also, if you want to autoboot CHDK each time the camera starts, you really should try one of the utilities that I posted.   Doing a Firmware Update load each time you start the camera gets old real fast.