s80 anybody? - page 21 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

s80 anybody?

• 205 Replies

Offline koshy

Re: s80 anybody?
« Reply #200 on: 09 / June / 2018, 21:43:18 »
Advertisements
O.k., I might be done, I shipped a build to the camera, which I gave a friend as a gift.
if it boots and shoots RAW I'll pust the 101B sub. If not I'll need help ;-)
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #201 on: 10 / June / 2018, 13:18:47 »
O.k., I might be done, I shipped a build to the camera, which I gave a friend as a gift.
if it boots and shoots RAW I'll post the 101B sub. If not I'll need help ;-)
@reyalp I received word that S80 FW 101B does boot and shoot RAW/DNG. I converted the S80 100G port currently in the trunk in all aspects. That does not make mishaps impossible and you'll know wether to mark this ALPHA / BETA or not. This particular camera (which cropped up more than a decade after its release) will not be used for further tests any time soon. So I think the attached can be checked in and the cameras csv updated. You'll know wether trunk only or relase as well (I don't even know if it would have to be adjusted for the release branch but suspect not) If another S80 FW 101B turns up and shows problems they may be reported. I was on the S80 with nafraf for FWT before and a lot of individual stuff went on with the camera but all that will eventually be applied to two FWs as well as it would have been to one I guess.

@waterwingz Thank you for creating the CHDK-PT utility years ago and for numerous posts on the matter, with it it was possible to make this happen in a single day. I may like to learn more about code_gen but that would have taken longer. As you said this was but a tedious translation of addresses from one FW to another. I double checked and hope I got all, suspect I might have, but then who knows. S80 does what it's supposed to and that is a good sign.

@all Thanks to everyone who helped me do this. This wasn't done in a day, it started years ago. It really isn't a big deal programming wise but it was important to me for personal reasons and I am glad it worked out by my own doing.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #202 on: 11 / June / 2018, 00:01:57 »
I received word that S80 FW 101B does boot and shoot RAW/DNG. I converted the S80 100G port currently in the trunk in all aspects. That does not make mishaps impossible and you'll know wether to mark this ALPHA / BETA or not.
Thanks, and congratulations on your first port :D. I added this to the 1.5 trunk autobuild as ALPHA. I didn't check it in too much details, but what I did look at seemed fine.

One oddity: The stubs_entry.S and funcs_by_*.csv files in the zip look like they were generated before some changes in the stubs_entry_2.s file. The addresses for
kbd_pwr_off, LEDDrive and PutInNdFilter
in the generated files showed 100g values, while the stubs_entry_2.s showed correct 101b values.

I checked in freshly generated ones.

edit:
And backported to 1.4 since the other s80 sub is there.
« Last Edit: 11 / June / 2018, 00:51:38 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

« Reply #203 on: 11 / June / 2018, 09:21:09 »
One oddity: The stubs_entry.S and funcs_by_*.csv files in the zip look like they were generated before some changes in the stubs_entry_2.s file. The addresses for kbd_pwr_off, LEDDrive and PutInNdFilter in the generated files showed 100g values, while the stubs_entry_2.s showed correct 101b values.
That has a trivial explaination. For whatever reason compiling with OPT_GEN_STUBS didn't work out in the new Compiler GUI and instead of figuring out why I took the old CHDK shell, integrated the current tools folder into a trunk that still fully works with it and generated the files in what was still a copy of the sub/100G folder but with the 101B primary.bin in place. At the time I didn't realize that later edits to stubs_entry_2.s would produce different generated files, hence I never re-generated them. Thanks for including sensible ones in what you released.

Where to find Canon S80 firmware upgrade?
« Reply #204 on: 11 / March / 2020, 14:50:57 »
Trying to find the updated camera firmware for the S80 so the CHDK will work but all the previous links in the thread are dead  :(

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Where to find Canon S80 firmware upgrade?
« Reply #205 on: 14 / March / 2020, 08:58:29 »
Trying to find the updated camera firmware for the S80 so the CHDK will work but all the previous links in the thread are dead  :(
The link to the download file from the S80 Wikia page (in the "Version" section) is still valid:

https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/S80#Version