• 205 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: s80 anybody?
« Reply #140 on: 21 / August / 2010, 06:24:26 »
Advertisements
Hello & welcome, NEW-BY !

When i open the SD in  XP i can see in the root a CHDK folder, the DISKBOOT.BIN file, the PS.FIR  and the ver.req file.
Where is the ps.fir file from ? AFAIK there's only a diskboot.bin for the S80 beta (in post #99)  ???
CHDK should be loaded when
- the SD card is FAT16 formatted (should be ok)
- the SD card is CHDK-bootable, e.g. made with CardTricks (should be ok)
- the correct (i.e. for this camera & firmware version) file diskboot.bin is stored in the card's root (should be ok)
- the SD card is locked (should be ok)

You should see a small CHDK splash screen after powering on the camera. When starting, CHDK creates the \CHDK folder tree automatically, so it looks like CHDK was successfully started at least once on your camera...

When CHDK is loaded & running, you'll get the CHDK <Alt> mode with the PRINT button, in <Alt> mode the main menu is called with MENU --> CHDK User Manual

CHDK-PS80
« Reply #141 on: 21 / August / 2010, 06:35:55 »
Where is the ps.fir file from ?
i had to upgrade the firmware,
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,336.30.html
http://alexlab.ru/canon/PSS80.FIR

You should see a small CHDK splash screen after powering on the camera. When starting, CHDK creates the \CHDK folder tree automatically, so it looks like CHDK was successfully started at least once on your camera...
There is no splash screen, sometimes there is a red vertical line of 1x6 pixels mostly the "no image" txt

When CHDK is loaded & running, you'll get the CHDK <Alt> mode with the PRINT button, in <Alt> mode the main menu is called with MENU --> CHDK User Manual
Unfortunately not

« Last Edit: 21 / August / 2010, 06:59:02 by NEW-BY »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: CHDK-PS80
« Reply #142 on: 21 / August / 2010, 08:43:51 »
i had to upgrade the firmware,
ok; now you should delete this file, since you've successfully updated the firmware you don't need it anymore.

There is no splash screen, sometimes there is a red vertical line of 1x6 pixels mostly the "no image" txt
Don't you get a "Card locked!" message ?
When the SD card is locked, you should get this error message; only with CHDK this message will be disabled.

--> Check whether you get the "Card locked!" message when you start with a "clean" SD card without CHDK (i.e. without any files on the card)

I suggest to start one more, complete installation run:
- reset the camera to factory defaults (from the Canon menu)
- format the card in the camera (from the Canon menu)
- use a card reader, make the card bootable with cardtricks
- copy the S80 CHDK diskboot.bin file to the card's root - there should be no other files...
- lock the card
- start the camera

Unfortunately not
Is the PRINT button functional without CHDK  ?

If there's no success - insert the SD card in the card reader & have a look to the card; if there's a new \CHDK folder, CHDK did at least start, so the problem may be the PRINT button...

Re: CHDK-PS80
« Reply #143 on: 21 / August / 2010, 10:49:20 »
Hi again,
i went through the procedure again, from scratch.
Something went ALLRIGHT, don't know what exactly but now CHDK is working!  :D Haven't seen a splashscreen though.

happily after.
Thanks for support so far!

I already found out that the raw files are poss to convert  with dng4ps2-0.2.2-release.exe (but not (yet) with the dng4ps2-0.2.3-beta26.exe) for further process in camera raw

« Last Edit: 21 / August / 2010, 10:51:30 by NEW-BY »

Offline yujin

Re: Re: CHDK-PS80
« Reply #144 on: 26 / August / 2010, 11:57:24 »

I already found out that the raw files are poss to convert  with dng4ps2-0.2.2-release.exe (but not (yet) with the dng4ps2-0.2.3-beta26.exe) for further process in camera raw

Hi NEW-BY,

I have tried using dng4ps2-0.2.2-release.exe to convert S80 raw files, but failed. Error message like "error converting file" was prompted. Any suggestion?

convert
« Reply #145 on: 27 / August / 2010, 06:09:00 »
Make sure you have selected the right file: that is the raw file and not the jpg file. And  give the path of file IN and file OUT

Re: s80 anybody?
« Reply #146 on: 29 / August / 2010, 07:16:06 »
Finally did the big leap and CHDK'ed my S80 :D

1. Upgraded my firmware from 1.00F to 1.00G (http://alexlab.ru/canon/PSS80.FIR) via downloading the firmware and copying it on my SD, loading via menu and firmware update.  After a reboot its been updated.
2. Formatted my SD using CardTricks (http://savedonthe.net/download/78/CardTricks-144-SFX.mht), Fat format then made bootable nothing else.
3. Downloaded the bootload.bin (http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=336.0;attach=3686) and copied it on my SD card. Flicked the SD protect notch to PROTECT (Away from the pins) and turned on my camera.
4. For a moment CHDK splash screen was presented.  Pressing the Printer button would bring up ALT menu, press Function Menu and Set Menu would bring up the post configuration menu etc.

Findings:
Working
- MDFB (around 100ms), lightning, Zoom Blur, Bracket Zoom, Fill in flash Bracket, Motion Detection, and a few others scripts that are working properly.
- Intervalometer by default if working properly (on/off camera when shooting, unlike when in alt script mode, remedied by putting a dummy plug in the A/V input of the camera which will turn off the display, or just select no display then press Alt/shutter to execute)
- RAW working, CRW needs to be converted to DNG before you could edit it. I use dng4ps2-0.2.2-release.
- Customized Grid (3rdratio, goldenratio, diagonal, etc), override color.
- Manual Override, 65secs exposure (default was 15sec only), 1/2000 speed (default was only 1/1200 rarely goes up to 1/2000 on high light conditions), ISO (not sure on this, when I set the ISO above 400 its not displayed in info anymore). aperture F2.8-F8 (max)
- Customized Histogram (better than the default histogram)
- Edge overlay
- Zebra modes
- Miscellaneous applications working like games, notepad, file explorer, Battery percent, Depth of Field, and others.

NOT Working
- Video Parameters
- Video Mode (once selected it will just reboot until you remove the selection from the Video mode), if you want to shoot video, just flick the Protect notch on the SD back to normal (near the pins) so that CHDK will not load and camera will return back to its normal operation.  :haha

Enhancement (enclose in parenthesis are default value)
-Longest Tv [64" (15")]
-Fastest TV [1/33,000] as per TV bracketing continuous shot.
-Highest Av [F16 (F5-F8)] as displayed, as per test F11 AV bracketing continuous shot.
-Fastest Motion-Detection Response [80-100ms)

Notes:
- dialing in the movie mode would boot continuously.
- If you want to use your S80 normally without CHDK, just flick the Protect Notch on the SD back to normal (near the pin contacts), this wont boot CHDK when you start your S80. So i have installed CHDK on all of my SD.
- use Delete All instead of Format if you want to erase all your pics/vids this will ensure that your CHDK is intact.

Thanks revivery for the codes :D, and thanks you all for everything else :)
« Last Edit: 13 / September / 2010, 09:15:51 by rcperez »

CHDK for Canon PowerShot S80 PC installer
« Reply #147 on: 07 / September / 2010, 03:58:29 »
 :xmas Here's an installer that i put together just for the Canon Powershot S80.

Direct:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d9gmii1sicm072i/CHDKS80a.exe

Mirrors:
http://rapidshare.com/files/417784913/CHDKS80a.exe
http://ul.to/tf1zxk
Just make sure you already had your firmware upgrade to 1.00G and formatted your SD card with FAT and bootable.

Installation: (requires around 2MB free space)

Just select the drive where your SD card is located (e.g. L:\  -- don't select any folder just the drive where your SD is sitting) then hit next to install.  After installation, just write protect your SD card, by sliding the notch away from the pins, and inserting it in your camera.

Included:

- Revivery CHDK Alpha version
- Grids
- Fonts
- Symbols
- Scripts (motion detection, zoom blurs, etc)
- Lua LIBS
- ver.req
« Last Edit: 08 / September / 2010, 02:39:18 by rcperez »

Unhooking TMovieRec
« Reply #148 on: 10 / September / 2010, 00:54:54 »
Awesome work REVIVERY!!!  :'( :lol

Confirmed when unhooking TmovieRec will enable CHDK's optical zoom and digital zoom only in regular movie recording.  When you start recording when you zoom in it will default at max zoomout (optical). A second tap for it to go to manual zoom, thus the second zoom out.

Is the TMovieRec responsible for the bitrate and quality option? Fast movie control reboots the camera. Everything else seems to be working, not so sure about the bitrate or quality setting has any effects.

Also, I'm happy to report that I was successful in capturing lightning, with the MDFB script, along with a droplet of water test.  Not so sure if it was more than 1/2000, but bracketing shows changes in luma on 1/4000 upwards.

I am looking at movie_rec.c to enable optical zoom during video shooting. Currently when I hook the tMovieReco task, the camera crashes a few seconds after I switch to movie shooting mode. But here is something I found interesting: if I *comment out* the hooking of tMovieReco task, then I discovered I can actually perform optical zoom during standard video shooting. But to do that, I need to first press zoom out (if I press zoom in first, it will become digital zoom). Is it standard, or is this just something accidental with s80?

Also, this only works for standard video shooting (640x480). s80 has high resolution option (1024x768) but the optical zoom described above does not work for this mode. It seems this has to do with the availability of digital zoom in normal (non-CHDK) camera mode: no digital zoom is available for 1024x768 shooting. So is it that if a camera supports digital zoom during video shooting, the optical zoom can always be enabled even if tMovieRec is not hooked? That sounds odd to me. Any idea?
« Last Edit: 10 / September / 2010, 12:43:28 by rcperez »

Distorted DNGs
« Reply #149 on: 10 / September / 2010, 20:12:16 »
Thanks for the port to the s80! I've been having a great time learning my way around the CHDK.

One problem I'm running into is setting my s80 to save images as dngs. The dngs are heavily distorted, appearing mostly as large swaths of magenta colored diagonals.

Has this feature not been implemented yet for the s80 or is there some other possible problem?

Thanks!