• 253 Replies
Re: A470 Porting
« Reply #20 on: 03 / April / 2009, 03:58:37 »
Advertisements
« Last Edit: 03 / April / 2009, 04:10:17 by alanfortune »

« Reply #21 on: 03 / April / 2009, 11:20:51 »
Hi,
Just to let you know i've got it working on my camera.  :) I'll do some playing around this weekend.
thanks.

« Reply #22 on: 03 / April / 2009, 17:12:15 »
Hello.
I have an A470, firmware GM1.02C.
I installed the CHDK for the a720, replaced the .BIN with the ones uploaded here (first i tried the last one, then the first one) and both times this is what happens:
The camera boots and it doesnt appear to be any changes in the first 0.5seconds, then the autofocus lamp glows a bit, and I see the CHDK logo splash screen, with some text saying a470, but it dissapears quickly.
Then, i just dont see any difference with the normal firmware, i dont see any new features :(
The only odd thing i saw was the "print button" (you know, that one with the blue led and programmable function), when i press it, in the bottom of the screen i can read "Default Script <ALT>".

Im using the lock switch in the SD card the way it should be, and i even restore all the settings to factory defaults, because i had it in spanish language, but that didnt improve anything.

I dont know anything about code and porting, but i hope i can be useful as tester or something... just tell me what to do, ok? ;)

A million thanks and keep working!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #23 on: 03 / April / 2009, 17:53:18 »
Hello & welcome, CoskiBukowski !

The camera boots and it doesnt appear to be any changes in the first 0.5seconds, then the autofocus lamp glows a bit, and I see the CHDK logo splash screen, with some text saying a470, but it dissapears quickly.
Then, i just dont see any difference with the normal firmware, i dont see any new features :(
The only odd thing i saw was the "print button" (you know, that one with the blue led and programmable function), when i press it, in the bottom of the screen i can read "Default Script <ALT>".

You should read a bit in the CHDK wikia to learn the CHDK basics...--> CHDK_firmware_usage  ;)

Offline fvdk

• Ixus 70 1.01b / 1.02a & Powershot A590is 1.01b
    • My Flickr photo page
« Reply #24 on: 03 / April / 2009, 17:55:26 »

The first thing you should do, is read the Wiki  :D

If you would have done that, you would have seen that after pushing the PRINT button, you should push the MENU button.

« Reply #25 on: 03 / April / 2009, 22:40:28 »
Im ashamed :$

The "chdk for dummies" said after booting up the camera the GUI should be different, thats why i thought it wasnt working, and i didnt keep reading the wiki.
Now ill read all i can and test the new toy!
Thanks and sorry =)

« Reply #26 on: 04 / April / 2009, 07:42:14 »
As it happens my sister has the 1.01b version, I dumped its firmware a long time ago but haven't had access to it since to port CHDK.

There is a 101b dump: http://drop.io/chdkdumps2/system#list/sort_by_name/order_by_asc
It would be great if you did the porting for 101b, too.

Offline Husky

« Reply #27 on: 04 / April / 2009, 14:51:13 »
As it happens my sister has the 1.01b version, I dumped its firmware a long time ago but haven't had access to it since to port CHDK.

There is a 101b dump: http://drop.io/chdkdumps2/system#list/sort_by_name/order_by_asc
It would be great if you did the porting for 101b, too.

Yep, will be nice, cause a lot of peopl e like me have this firmware...  :)

« Reply #28 on: 07 / April / 2009, 07:23:17 »
My girlfriend has another a470, but her firmware (i just checked yesterday) is 1.00E...
Do you guys have a dump of that firmware?
Is it easy to dump it? maybe i can do it and send it to you.
When the porting for the 101c is ready, maybe you can complete the series with the 101b and 100e...

OR.... if there's a way to upgrade the firmware, and its not too risky... maybe i can try that.. do you guys know about that?

Thanks!

MrSpoon

« Reply #29 on: 07 / April / 2009, 08:30:58 »
I'll be doing 101b over easter when I have access to that camera. I could port it now without being able to test but a week isn't that long to wait ;)

I was unaware of the 100e, you can use CardTricks to put udumper onto your SD card and then boot it to dump the firmware. It will appear to do nothing, this is fine, just give it a while to silently dump all the firmware.

The weathers turned foul again so I've just done movie_rec.c, should upload a new build within the hour when I get around to SDHC support too. I probably wont bother bugfixing and such until June, I'm only doing porting to avoid exam revision :-[
« Last Edit: 07 / April / 2009, 10:55:20 by MrSpoon »