The SX1 IS Porting Thread - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

The SX1 IS Porting Thread

• 381 Replies
The SX1 IS Porting Thread
« on: 02 / April / 2009, 09:01:58 »
Advertisements
Hi all....(SX1 Owners)

Due to missing feedback on my other thread and (still) no answer from "ewavr" on my mail request, I've started to "dig" into porting CHDK to the SX1 IS for Fw 2.00h.

Based on SX10 FW/CHDK  / I've compared/searched for the corresponding Adresses in the FW 2.00h Firmware. That's so far my findings....(see below). Some values have not yet been found by me....(the one's marked with X NOT FOUND YET). The other lines reflect the values needed for FW 2.00h

I hope some other Porters can help me / give hints of how to find the values for "stubs_entry_2"....I would proceed faster...nevertheless...I'm confident to be able to compile a first Alpha version this weekend.

#include "stubs_asm.h"

NHSTUB(AllocateUncacheableMemory, 0xFF82806C)
NHSTUB(GetDrive_ClusterSize, 0xFF85E284)
NHSTUB(GetDrive_TotalClusters, 0xFF85E2B8)
NHSTUB(GetDrive_FreeClusters, 0xFF85E2EC)
NHSTUB(SetPropertyCase, 0xFF87DAC4)
NHSTUB(kbd_read_keys, 0xFF821AF4)
NHSTUB(platformsub_kbd_fetch_data, 0xFF84D880) 
NHSTUB(kbd_read_keys_r2, 0xFF84D130)
NHSTUB(qsort, 0xFFAE3D50) 
NHSTUB(strchr, 0xFF8A0820)
NHSTUB(strrchr, 0xFF9FCED8) 
NHSTUB(TurnOffBackLight, 0xFF893FC8)
NHSTUB(vsprintf, 0xFF81CAE8)
NHSTUB(VbattGet, 0xFF82046C)   
NHSTUB(GetZoomLensCurrentPoint, 0xFF9548A8)
NHSTUB(GetZoomLensCurrentPosition, 0xFFA820F8)
NHSTUB(RefreshPhysicalScreen, 0xFF9FA6FC)
NHSTUB(EnterToCompensationEVF, 0xFF825B44)
NHSTUB(ExitFromCompensationEVF, 0xFF825BAC)
NHSTUB(PT_PlaySound, 0xFF869110)
NHSTUB(DoAFLock, 0xFF825898)
NHSTUB(UnlockAF, 0xFF8258D0)
NHSTUB(LEDDrive, 0xFF84CC34)
NHSTUB(WriteSDCard, 0xFF93DD0C)
NHSTUB(PostLogicalEventForNotPowerType, 0xFF88328C)

// null sub

NHSTUB(kbd_pwr_off, 0xFFC00958)
NHSTUB(kbd_pwr_on, 0xFFC00958)
NHSTUB(Mount_FileSystem, 0xFFC00958)
NHSTUB(Unmount_FileSystem, 0xFFC00958)
NHSTUB(SetZoomActuatorSpeedPercent, 0xFFC00958)
NHSTUB(rewinddir, 0xFFC00958)

Stubs_min

#include "stubs_asm.h"

DEF(physw_status, 0x12DA4)
DEF(physw_run, 0x1C30)       
DEF(FlashParamsTable,0xFFBBB2A4)  
DEF(led_table, 0x264B)
DEF(zoom_busy, 0x9AE8)
DEF(focus_busy, 0x9974)
DEF(zoom_status, 0xF2A0) 
DEF(enabled_refresh_physical_screen, 0xCABC+0x34)   
DEF(canon_menu_active, 0x5A58 + 4)   
DEF(playrec_mode, 0x57C0+0x4)
DEF(canon_shoot_menu_active, 0xAC28 + 1)      X NOT YET FOUND
DEF(recreview_hold, 0xA78C + 0xDC)        X NOT YET FOUND
DEF(movie_status, 0x53F8 + 0x38)      X NOT YET FOUND

« Last Edit: 06 / April / 2009, 18:14:24 by fboesch »

Offline pev69

Re: The SX1 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #1 on: 03 / April / 2009, 04:36:48 »
Hi fboesch,

and thank you very much for starting the SX1 porting! I have the SX1, and have been waiting for CHDK for it. I would like to help, but I do not have IDA (I am not yet willing to pay the 360 EUR for it just for this, although it might be nice for some other reverse-engineering as well  :)). I've been doing professional embedded programming for about 10 years, but I'm new to reverse-engineering.

« Reply #2 on: 03 / April / 2009, 08:18:14 »

MrSpoon

« Reply #3 on: 03 / April / 2009, 09:57:31 »
You can compile builds with the unknown functions set as nullstubs.

I found one of the most time consuming parts of porting is just going through all the assembler code in boot.c, capt_seq.c etc. You need to change all the assembler code in these files and replace them with code taken from your camera's firmware dump, modifying bits in the same way done in existing ports.

You will need physw_run though, iirc its quite easy to find by looking for PhySw

« Reply #4 on: 03 / April / 2009, 10:43:17 »
Hi all!

Thank you all for your feedback and tips! Well, I'm eager myself to have CHDK also running on my SX1....(until now I walk around with my old S2IS, due to the nice Motion Scripts).... :)

Hope that I will have a first (alpha) build this weekend....

Cu later

Fredi

P.S. As you may have seen...i'm progressing....there are only a few adresses not found yet....(see first entry). All SX1 Adresses have been ported into Boot.c and capt_seq.c, and other Files too...movie_req.c not yet....i think to come closer to an "Alpha" Compilation....however: Need to setup an XP Machine first....The CHDK-Shell really does not like Vista....
« Last Edit: 04 / April / 2009, 20:27:15 by fboesch »

Offline pev69

« Reply #5 on: 04 / April / 2009, 22:39:20 »
Hey fboesch,

If you have difficulties arranging an XP machine, I might be able to help. I have XP in both my PCs. I was thinking that I might arrange you access to my second pc (which is just chewing folding@home currently) through windows terminal services. If you need that, PM me. It is now about 5.30 here in Finland and I'll propably go to bed soon, but in about ten or twelve hours tops I'll try to check in here again.

MrSpoon

« Reply #6 on: 05 / April / 2009, 06:00:52 »
There's really no reason to go installing XP (except for the fact Vista sucks ::))

Following this guide will set up a development environment in Cygwin that works in Vista. I've added a caution about binutils 2.19 on it since they *will not* link CHDK properly. In fact I couldn't compile 2.18 on my machine either, so had to go with binutils 2.17.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #7 on: 05 / April / 2009, 06:03:45 »
....however: Need to setup an XP Machine first....The CHDK-Shell really does not like Vista....

...running XP in a virtual machine should also work, e.g. you can try Sun's Virtualbox (free / OS)...

« Reply #8 on: 05 / April / 2009, 06:44:54 »
....however: Need to setup an XP Machine first....The CHDK-Shell really does not like Vista....

...running XP in a virtual machine should also work, e.g. you can try Sun's Virtualbox (free / OS)...

Thanks for all suggestions.... No problem, regarding XP Machine...i've got a Desktop PC with XP @Home....but right now I'm in the mountains (holiday appartment) just with my MacBook :-). I will be back in Zurich in 10hours....and be eager to check it out.

@MrSpoon: Thanks - I've tried actually with Cygwin....but with 2.18 (as recommended!!) I did not work for me either....then I "copied" the SH.exe, Sort & ZED.exe from Cygwin to the gcc/gcc4 of the CHDK-Shell....seemed to go through, but a "sed.exe" error (Syntax) will still prevent that a "build" is finally created...(eventually missing other tools, because of this quick-n-dirty patching)....

@all: As soon I've seen that my modified files are good to create successfully a first Alpha Build (starting up at least on my SX1 but certainly still with errors/no movie_rec feature) I will put my files together and publish them here....

Till later

Fredi

P.S. Status of other files (chkd-shell)

\CHDK-Shell-v212.ini (local copy)             <Edited - New SX1 Entries>

\trunk727\Makefile                                  <Edited - Nex SX1 Section>
\trunk727\Makefile.inc                             <Edited - New SX1 Section>
\trunk727\include\camera.h                     <Edited - New SX1 Section>

\trunk727\platform\sx1\shooting.c                            <checked, but no value obviously changed. Taking SX10 defaults>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\main.c                                 <checked, but no value obviously changed. Taking SX10 defaults>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\lib.c                                     <checked, but no value obviously changed. Taking SX10 defaults>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\kbd.c                                   <checked, but no value obviously changed. Taking SX10 defaults>

\trunk727\loader\sx1\...several files                         <checked, but no value obviously changed. Taking SX10 defaults>

\trunk727\platform\sx1\sub\200h\boot.c                    <done>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\sub\200h\capt_seq.c             <done>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\sub\200h\lib.c                       <done>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\sub\200h\makefile.inc           <done>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\sub\200h\stubs_entry_2.S     <done - see above>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\sub\200h\stubs_min.S           <partly - see above>
\trunk727\platform\sx1\sub\200h\movie_rec.c            <not yet started>

<done> means that all adresses, values & even required patch-code have been ported to SX1-Adresses/Code/Values. Work I did was to compare the location (with IDA) in the SX10 1.01a FW and then look for the "new" location (with IDA in a second window) in SX1 2.00h FW....took me a while to find out also more difficult adresses (just assembler code with no "textual reference" in the sub_FFxxxxxx)...

On files with only a reference to a "value" (e.g. 0x01C0) and no given ROM Adresses of another Cam) I'm a little bit unsure .... starting with values of the SX10 can't be to bad (as I've seen in the other files - but there are differences...)

« Last Edit: 05 / April / 2009, 09:24:19 by fboesch »

« Reply #9 on: 05 / April / 2009, 18:36:31 »

The compilation process on my XP Desktop went (finally) nicely through (had about 10 typo mistakes in my files).   :o

Now CHDK-Shell creates a first build (diskboot.bin + CHDK Folder) with my modifies files (for the SX1)....however: the ps.fi2 file is missing (to startup the pseudo-firmware upgrade with CHDK).... so I can't start it up on my SX1 ..... :(

Don't know right now where to get it (or which switch to use on CHDK-Shell)...will investigate tomorrow...

G'night for now

F.