Anyone working on the SD780? - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Anyone working on the SD780?

• 27 Replies
Re: Anyone working on the SD780?
« Reply #10 on: 10 / May / 2009, 02:36:12 »
Advertisements
Ok, so I set up a compiling environment and tried to run a small program to find the LEDs on the SD780 / IXUS 100.
I know some C but problem is I'm not even sure I'm compiling and post-processing it right.
My steps looks like this:
Code: [Select]
arm-elf-gcc -fno-builtin -O2 -Ilib -nostdinc -c entry.s
arm-elf-gcc -fno-builtin -O1 -Ilib -c main.c
arm-elf-gcc -fno-builtin -O2 -nostdlib -lgcc -o main.bin entry.o main.o
arm-elf-objcopy -O binary main.bin $(BIN)DISKBOOT1.BIN
arm-elf-objdump -d main.bin > main.dump
# encode binary
dancingbits  $(BIN)DISKBOOT1.BIN  $(BIN)DISKBOOT.BIN
rm $(BIN)DISKBOOT1.BIN
It seems that when I don't encode the binary the camera starts normally with "card locked", other wise it 'responds' by not starting, and no LEDs flashing  :-[
So you are my compiling options right??
Files used are below:
entry.s
    .text
    .org 0
    .globl _start

_start:

B main
main.c
#define DEL 50

long* led;

void on(void){
 *led=0x46;
}

void off(void){
 *led=0x44;
}

void delay(int i){
 while(--i) {
  asm("nop\n");
  asm("nop\n");
 }
}

int i;
char *p;

int main(){
    long ciclo;
    long start=0xC022002F;
    long end=0xC02201FF;
    while(1) {
        for (ciclo=start; ciclo<=end; ciclo+=1)
        {
            led=(long*)ciclo;
            on();
            delay(DEL);
        }
        delay(5000);
        for (ciclo=start; ciclo<=end; ciclo+=1)
        {
            led=(long*)ciclo;
            off();
            delay(DEL);
        }
        delay(5000);
    }
 return 0;
}
I can compile CHDK without errors, so I think my environment works.
Please help, so we can bring this baby to life  :)
« Last Edit: 10 / May / 2009, 02:37:55 by louisiukas »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #11 on: 10 / May / 2009, 03:14:15 »
It doesn't look to me like you are are specifying the load address anywhere.

I'd suggest just re-cycling a CHDK cameras loader. Essentially, just stick your code in loader/<platform>/main.c my_restart() of a random dryos cam that uses encoded diskboot. The following code will be bogus, but that doesn't matter because you won't get there.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #12 on: 22 / May / 2009, 03:07:52 »
Just ordered the IXUS100IS (European version of the SD780) and was quite surprised to hear that there was custom firmware out there for the IXUS range! It doesn't have RAW output or even SuperFine JPEG and only a small amount of manual control, so I'm quite looking forward to this custom firmware. :)

If there is something I can help with using the european version, feel free to poke me on the IRC channel.

first post!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #13 on: 23 / May / 2009, 19:18:14 »

« Reply #14 on: 24 / May / 2009, 16:11:53 »
Hi everyone (first post)

I also have this camera (IXUS 100 IS) and am willing to help. As for now, I am not able to dump firmware. Will keep trying.

« Reply #15 on: 10 / July / 2009, 09:57:39 »
I tried dumping my SD780 using Cardtricks 144, trying NewDryOS, DryOS, and VxWorks.  Each one said "card locked" when tried several times in the camera, removing the battery for different amounts of time.  

As another user said, when you open the battery/card cover, the camera turns off (hidden switch somewhere).

Also, when I format the card and install NewDryOS using Cardtricks 144, I don't see anything on the card using windows explorer.  I'm not sure if its installed on a hidden partition, but I wanted to point that out.  Cardtricks says it was successful in both formatting and copying the different operating systems onto the card.

I used a Lexar 128mb card formatted to fat16, and a USB SD card reader.  I should also note that the "make bootable" button was always grayed out, even after installing the different OS's.  Picture of cardtricks after NewDryOS was installed - http://i44.tinypic.com/15dlv6h.png

Has anyone else had any luck, or know anything else I can try?
« Last Edit: 10 / July / 2009, 10:01:07 by jaykup »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #16 on: 10 / July / 2009, 20:03:41 »
It's already been verified that udumper does not work on this camera. There's no need to keep trying. Getting a dump will require a developer to have the camera, or create a new version of udumper which works on these new cameras.

Without a developer who has the camera to do the port, there isn't any hurry to get the dump anyway.

« Reply #17 on: 11 / July / 2009, 03:13:03 »
Bah, so I shouldn't expect to unlock my ixus anytime soon then? :(

Offline reyalp

« Reply #19 on: 23 / July / 2009, 16:55:28 »
I just wanted to make my contribuition to this thread. Some people say there is a hidden switch that turns the camera off when the card/battery cover is opened.
It's actually very easily accessible.

As you can see in the pic above, the circled part of the cover trips a small switch pointed by the arrow. You can use a pencil or anything small enough to push the switch, and turn the camera on with the cover open.
My old SD1000 worked the exact same way, so it should be common to many other models.
« Last Edit: 23 / July / 2009, 16:57:19 by voodoolady »