supplierdeeply

CHDK UI version 3.0 ?

• 23 Replies

Offline ftm

Re: CHDK UI version 3.0 ?
« Reply #20 on: 13 / January / 2018, 04:19:49 »
Advertisements
Could you please post a test version of this with the SX 700 port? (If you get there)
@mastodon -- please see the sx700hs porting thread. I've attached the build there.

« Reply #21 on: 13 / January / 2018, 14:12:03 »
Updated patch file (r5) attached to first post of this thread.

Ongoing changes are :
  • Added a "Huge" theme that uses larger fonts.
  • Tweaked the color options to be more readable and rational.
  • Add field for control of Neutral Density filter.
  • Change the function keys used by G16

The ND filter stuff does not actually work yet. Probably need to disable the field for camera's that don't have one as well.

@ftm :  if you send me your sx700 platform_camera.h settings I will add to future patch files  (same offer for anyone else testing this)
« Last Edit: 13 / January / 2018, 14:18:15 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #22 on: 13 / January / 2018, 16:53:53 »
The ND filter stuff does not actually work yet. Probably need to disable the field for camera's that don't have one as well.
Did a bunch of changes to the ND filter stuff.  It's now "mode aware" - meaning :
  • in Canon mode it just shows as being in AUTO
  • in M mode, the choices are IN or OUT (no auto)
  • in Tv or Av priority modes, the choices are AUTO, IN, or OUT
Tested as working in M & Canon modes - not currently used in Tv or Av priority modes.  (Av priority mode not working yet either).

Patch file in first post of this thread updated to r6.

CHDK UI version 3.0 - To Do List rev 2
« Reply #23 on: 14 / January / 2018, 10:51:58 »
Todo List V2
As I keep plugging away at this, I think I've got a fairly finite list of when it will be "done". I realize this triggers a "famous last words" warning but here it is :

1) Up to four user selectable choices for the enable / disable controls on the right hand side of the lower line. Choices are :
  • RAW/DNG enable/disable
  • Histogram on/off
  • Edge overlay on/off
  • Zebra on/off
  • Grid on/off
  • OSD on/off
  • USB enable/disable
  • User menu enable/disable
  • Custom Auto ISO enable/disable
  • Dark Frame Subtraction on/off
  • Bracketing on/off
  • Manual flash power

2) Ev offset adjust control (located beside the ND filter control and active in Tv & Av priority modes only)
3) Light meter type display (on half press? based on hooking LCD brighness variables?)
4) Allow shooting in <ALT> mode (full press only starts a script if the cursor is on the script name - which will be its initial position when the UI activates. Otherwise it shoots. Half press can be used to read exposure.)
5) Subject distance override control (future)

I also need a rational way of keeping a consistent UI for cameras that don't have an adjustable aperture and/or ND filter.  Working on that now.

Did I miss anything else useful?