CHDK OSD in swivel-screen cameras - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

CHDK OSD in swivel-screen cameras

• 17 Replies

Offline pev69

CHDK OSD in swivel-screen cameras
« on: 30 / April / 2009, 20:22:50 »
Advertisements
Hey people with swivel-screens (not SX1)! Is the CHDK OSD/menu still showing OK in your cam when the sreen is flipped out (but not rotated)? I'm asking this because it has been noticed that the SX1 draws the overlay mirrored in this state and therefore the CHDK OSD is also mirrored! This affects the fix I'm doing for this: if other cameras are OK, then the CAM_SWIVEL_SCREEN needs a distinct value for the SX1 (and perhaps SX10, dunno yet), and that would be 2 :).

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: CHDK OSD in swivel-screen cameras
« Reply #1 on: 01 / May / 2009, 07:40:03 »
it's happening on all cameras. check out sdm, microfunguy fixed it there, but it is very difficult to backport.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 01 / May / 2009, 08:31:58 »
it's happening on all cameras. check out sdm, microfunguy fixed it there, but it is very difficult to backport.

Hmmm - don't know what happens on other cams or what's "fixed" there in the SDM - on the SX10 the "Reverse Disp" setting from the Canon menu controls this behaviour - set to OFF, there's all ok on the SX10 ;)

Offline pev69

« Reply #3 on: 03 / May / 2009, 10:58:35 »
Well, I made a fix that works OK, BUT it ignores the reverse disp. setting for now, because I did not find a propcase for it (used the compare props debug thing). For now this could be "fixed" so that the same setting were also inlcuded in CHDK menus. Perhaps I'll do that still...

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #4 on: 03 / May / 2009, 11:09:19 »

Hmmm - don't know what happens on other cams or what's "fixed" there in the SDM - on the SX10 the "Reverse Disp" setting from the Canon menu controls this behaviour - set to OFF, there's all ok on the SX10 ;)

well, but then you also lose the reverse osd feature. helps alot when shooting stuff with the lcd popped out.

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #5 on: 03 / May / 2009, 16:39:04 »
@pev69
Yeah, neither a property nor a param...

@PhyrePhoX
well, but then you also lose the reverse osd feature. helps alot when shooting stuff with the lcd popped out.
No, this setting doesn't have any effect - at least not on the SX10, and i guess it's the same on the SX1.
The Canon OSD & the life preview is always correct, with "Reverse Disp" on or off, with the LCD closed, opened, rotated...  :D

Offline pev69

« Reply #6 on: 03 / May / 2009, 17:59:03 »
@pev69
Yeah, neither a property nor a param...

@PhyrePhoX
No, this setting doesn't have any effect - at least not on the SX10, and i guess it's the same on the SX1.
The Canon OSD & the life preview is always correct, with "Reverse Disp" on or off, with the LCD closed, opened, rotated...  :D

What, are you sure?? Because in my SX1 it really mirrors the live preview (the viewport), when the display is opened further than about 10 degrees but not rotated (about the horizontal joint). And if the Reverse Disp. setting if off, this mirroring does not occur.

And I guess it is implemented by mirroring the whole display (perhaps a feature of the display driver chip), and then Canon's own OSD-drawing functions are also mirrored so the OSD is still correct, heh.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #7 on: 03 / May / 2009, 18:16:47 »
fe50 - ur sure it doesnt do anything? it mirrors the liveview, so when you flip out the screen (180 degrees) you see yourself like in an actual mirror - your left hand actually is on the left on the screen. when you disable the option, your left hand is on the right of the screen, which can be very weird ;)

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #8 on: 03 / May / 2009, 19:38:35 »
fe50 - ur sure it doesnt do anything? it mirrors the liveview, so when you flip out the screen (180 degrees) you see yourself like in an actual mirror - your left hand actually is on the left on the screen. when you disable the option, your left hand is on the right of the screen, which can be very weird ;)
Right, liveview gets mirrored, but the Canon OSD is always ok, that's what i wanted to say originally  :D

:lol

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #9 on: 03 / May / 2009, 19:47:14 »
Right, liveview gets mirrored, but the Canon OSD is always ok, that's what i wanted to say originally  :D

:lol

well yes, the canon osd is always ok. not the chdk one though. if you want "mirror" behaviour AND a working chdk osd there has got to be a code update made in chdk.