Canon SD750 CHDK problems - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Canon SD750 CHDK problems

• 6 Replies
Canon SD750 CHDK problems
« on: 01 / May / 2009, 16:11:03 »
Advertisements
I have downloaded CHDK with the correct firmware version and installed it in on the card, yet the camera will not power on - only the play button.(where a small CHDK Raw screen is briefly displayed verifying CHDK is installed) If the card is not locked, the camera will it will turn on, yet show no signs of CHDK.

After using CardTricks to install CHDK, I made the disk bootable.

I can now access the menu using the ALT and Menu buttons, but  the camera lense still won't power on with the card locked.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 01 / May / 2009, 17:23:25 by pescadito »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Canon SD750 CHDK problems
« Reply #1 on: 02 / May / 2009, 08:00:45 »
Hello & welcome, pescadito !

I have downloaded CHDK with the correct firmware version and installed it in on the card, yet the camera will not power on - only the play button.

This behaviour is usual for some cameras, so everything is as it should be...

After powering on in playback mode, press (or half-press) the shutter button once to switch to the record mode.

« Reply #2 on: 02 / May / 2009, 11:28:17 »
Thank you, for the info !  It's working now. Not sure I could have ever  figured that out. 

What I would really like to be able to do is Auto Bracket in continuous mode.  All that I can do so far is get one photo at a time.  Is there a resource that might explain a step by step process?  Sort of a CHDK guide for Idiots ?

I have all the menus now, but they don't seem like they are having any effect. 

Thanks again
« Last Edit: 02 / May / 2009, 12:07:22 by pescadito »

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #3 on: 03 / May / 2009, 05:25:11 »
What I would really like to be able to do is Auto Bracket in continuous mode.  All that I can do so far is get one photo at a time.

Enter the <Alt> mode with PRINT, enter CHDK menu with MENU, set up wat you want...

-> set "TV bracketing value" to [2 Ev], "Brackting type" to [+/-], exit Alt mode, use the custom timer (set up to 1s delay, 3 shots)

Use the Canon custom timer mode (with this settings: 3 shots / 1 s delay) or the continuous mode - the CHDK bracketing mode automatically gets active when you switch to cont. / custom timer mode, you'll see the active settings on the OSD...

...Sort of a CHDK guide...

Got to the CHDK Wikia Startpage, under the NEWS box you'll find links to the manuals; there's also a link to the "New User's Guide"...

« Reply #4 on: 03 / May / 2009, 17:49:21 »
Thanks for your assistance !  It amazes me how much time and effort have gone into making this site.

Unfortunately, I am doing all that was suggested:

Bracketing in continuous mode

TV bracketing value [ 2 Ev ]
Bracketing type [ +/- ]

Canon custom timer mode (with these settings: 3 shots / 1 s delay)
then setting custom timer

What happens is that I come up with 3 shots, one at 0 Ev and the other two are severely overexposed.

I have read about other people having this same problem, but I have yet to find the solution.  Is there a script for an IXUS 75 (Canon SD750) that would be better ?  Is there perhaps something else I'm missing in the "extra photo operations" ?

When I look under "Select Script Files", I have :

../                         <UpDir>                     
EXAMPLES             <DIR>                        01.85'09: 08:25
TEST/                    <DIR>                        01.85'09 08:25                 
DEFAULT .BAS           )b                            07.81'09  17:06

I am unclear on what if anything, I need to do there.

Thanks again for your input !

« Last Edit: 03 / May / 2009, 18:07:39 by pescadito »

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #5 on: 03 / May / 2009, 20:05:32 »
@pescadito
Aarrgghh - sorry, i forgot: the SD750 is the one with the corrupt +/- bracketing  :'(
You've done it all right; the CHDK Tv bracketing feature is not working correctly on this camera, so you need a script instead...

There's a script in the german forum that should work, i've attached it to this post (translated, but not tested)...

- store the file "bra_uni.lua" in the \CHDK\SCRIPTS folder & load it from the CHDK script menu;
- you can set up some parameters there in the script menu...
- start the script with the shutter button

I guess there are also some working bracketing scripts in the CHDK wikia...

« Reply #6 on: 03 / May / 2009, 20:31:23 »
@Fe50

I'll give that a go.  I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Thank you kindly, for your time, patience and info !

p