difference between set_tv96 and set_tv96_direct and set_prop(propcase.TV,x) - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

difference between set_tv96 and set_tv96_direct and set_prop(propcase.TV,x)

• 2 Replies
Advertisements
I'm examining how i'm setting the tv value before shooting and there appears to be three different methods but i don't understand how they differ.

set_tv96(x) - direct tv installation * 96 from a list of valid values CANON (this value type N * 32. N for the A620 can have values from -12 to 32. works by installing excerpts from the CHDK interface
set_tv96_direct(x) - direct tv installation * 96. Works installation excerpts from the same interface CHDK
set_prop(propcase.TV,x)

set_tv96 takes integers from -12 to 32 and i'm under the impression that the others take tv96 values.

i'd prefer to work with tv96 values. Is there a difference between set_tv96_direct and setting the propcase?

Offline reyalp

i'd prefer to work with tv96 values. Is there a difference between set_tv96_direct and setting the propcase?
The set_ functions all (?) use SET_LATER, meaning the actual propcase setting will be done at the (usually) correct time in the shooting sequence for the override to work. This means that they need to be called before halfshoot. If you call them during the shooting process, it will be too late. If you set the propcases yourself, you'll have to take care to do that after the camera is done fiddling with them.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

thanks!