Doing something wrong, plz help - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Doing something wrong, plz help

• 3 Replies
Doing something wrong, plz help
« on: 06 / May / 2009, 10:26:31 »
Advertisements
Hello CHDK Forums,

I have a SX110 IS with the beta CHDK, and I am able to take the pictures in JPG & CRW format, but when I attempt to convert the CRW to DNG (is this what I want to do?), it does not work.  I downloaded dng4ps2  and Raw Therapee and they both dont recognize the *.CRW format.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it the tools I am using or is it a setting on the camera?What I want to do with the RAW/CRW images is try my hand at HDRing photos.  Thanks 4 reading

TuX

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Doing something wrong, plz help
« Reply #1 on: 06 / May / 2009, 12:27:20 »
Hello & welcome, Tuxedo_Mask !

I have a SX110 IS with the beta CHDK, and I am able to take the pictures in JPG & CRW format, but when I attempt to convert the CRW to DNG (is this what I want to do?), it does not work.  I downloaded dng4ps2  and Raw Therapee and they both dont recognize the *.CRW format.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it the tools I am using or is it a setting on the camera?What I want to do with the RAW/CRW images is try my hand at HDRing photos.

The RAWs of the newer cameras like the SX110 are not yet supported by these applications, but you can create DNG RAW images directly - just enable the CHDK DNG support: Guidance - enable DNG support....

« Reply #2 on: 06 / May / 2009, 16:29:17 »
Hi Fe50,
Thanks for the quick response, the DNG enabling worked; so now heres another noob sauce question,  can I edit the DNG in photomatix like a normal jpeg? or do i have to use a different software to produce HDR images?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 07 / May / 2009, 02:29:31 »
Thanks for the quick response, the DNG enabling worked; so now heres another noob sauce question,  can I edit the DNG in photomatix like a normal jpeg? or do i have to use a different software to produce HDR images?

Photomatix supports the DNG format, so it should work (not personally tested yet) - give it a try & report what happens...
A often used, open source app is qtpfsgui, also have a look to the wikia articles Stacking_Software and Software...