IXY Digital 800 / Powershot 700 IS Memory Card Error - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

IXY Digital 800 / Powershot 700 IS Memory Card Error

• 1 Replies
IXY Digital 800 / Powershot 700 IS Memory Card Error
« on: 15 / May / 2009, 18:11:16 »
Advertisements
So i dragged the entire folder [a700-100b-0] to a 4 GB SD via a card reader, and turn on the camera in playback mode, and all i get is a black screen saying, "Memory card error", and "Card locked." I made sure that the card's write-protect is off, but i keep getting this message... what am i doing wrong?? any help would be greatly appreciated... 

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: IXY Digital 800 / Powershot 700 IS Memory Card Error
« Reply #1 on: 16 / May / 2009, 06:00:44 »
Hello & welcome, alexakc !

So i dragged the entire folder [a700-100b-0] to a 4 GB SD via a card reader, and turn on the camera in playback mode, and all i get is a black screen saying, "Memory card error", and "Card locked." I made sure that the card's write-protect is off, but i keep getting this message... what am i doing wrong?? any help would be greatly appreciated... 

"Memory card error" isn't CHDK related; this error means: your camera can't access the SD card, maybe it is not formatted...

- Format your SD card in the camera (from the Canon menu)
- download the "complete" package for your A700 from the CHDK Autobuild Server
- expand ALL files & folders to the root of the SD card
- start your camera in playback mode, enter the 1st Canon menu, scroll down to the last menu item "Firmware Update"...

CHDK now should be started, you should see the blue LED flashing...

If you want to start CHDK automatically every time you power on the camera, read How can I make the CHDK program load automatically at startup? from the CHDK wikia...