G10 Porting Process - page 9 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

G10 Porting Process

• 177 Replies
Re: G10 Porting Process
« Reply #80 on: 03 / May / 2010, 06:18:17 »
Advertisements
Oh this is amazing! Thank u so much Shinigami!
keep up the good work!

« Reply #81 on: 08 / May / 2010, 18:18:18 »
Just another G10 owner rooting for the team!  I can't wait!

Offline jceaser

• SD400, G10
« Reply #82 on: 09 / May / 2010, 10:42:40 »
I'm new to this forum but I would like to get involved.  It's been a few years since I worked with c but I think I can dust off my skills.  However I would like to talk with a Mac developer out there to get some help setting up a dev environment.  I've installed gcc and arm-elf-gcc through ports but I'm not sure what tasks I need to follow off of the Compiling_CHDK_under_Linux page.

Also I have firmware 1.04 which from what I have read is not what anyone is working on so I guess I'll be the first.  If I could make a comment to all the beta testers and well wishers out there, just as an outsider, maybe you should post which rom your running so developers can know what is most requested.

Offline ERR99

« Reply #83 on: 10 / May / 2010, 03:51:50 »
Also I have firmware 1.04 which from what I have read is not what anyone is working on so I guess I'll be the first.  If I could make a comment to all the beta testers and well wishers out there, just as an outsider, maybe you should post which rom your running so developers can know what is most requested.

What is "most requested" is not the point. If you are the developer, and you have a G10 with FW 1.04, then you can only develop&test a port for the 1.04 fw. Other fw-version ports  are (usually) different and wont even start on your G10 with 1.04 fw. So you cant boot it and not test it on your camera. So as a developer, as first step you have to get the port running for your specific camera/fw version. If this is done and everything is working, it is possible to adapt the (running&tested) port for other fw-versions. Trying to create a port from scratch for a camera/fw-version you do not have is really quite a challenge... ;)

So first you have to get a port running for one firmware version. If there are more fw-versions out there, the port must be adapted. For adaption/porting a firmware dump is necessary. So if you have a "new" fw-version, you can try to make a fw-dump of your 1.04 firmware, becauses this is needed for a 1.04 port anyway.

Offline jceaser

• SD400, G10
« Reply #84 on: 10 / May / 2010, 23:10:16 »
I've uploaded the complete working g10/loader-code here: loader.tar.bz2 - 0.00MB

Does anyone have this code, the link does not work.

Also, ERR99, unless I'm mistaken someone already added the 1.04 firmware to the wiki (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/G10), or is this not the correct file?
« Last Edit: 10 / May / 2010, 23:38:32 by jceaser »

« Reply #85 on: 28 / May / 2010, 10:39:57 »
I am new here. And think it looks exciting with firmware

Can you get bulb in Canon G10?
If you can not, is it possible and do a firmware with 64 seconds?

I've looked at CHDK pages of many hours. But I can not figure out how far in is in and make firmware for Canon G10.

This is probably because I'm not so good at English

Best Regards

Mickydk from Denmark

« Reply #86 on: 04 / July / 2010, 22:50:10 »
hi guys,

any news on this? can't wait for port to come. :)

thanks.

« Reply #87 on: 10 / July / 2010, 20:31:39 »
Hi guys,
Another G10 owner here.  Can't wait to test this out.
Good luck to all the developers and we really appreciate your hard work.
Thanks.

« Reply #88 on: 11 / July / 2010, 23:45:50 »
Hello, I've been monitoring the release and development of this for a few months now. Hopefully, this can be released soon. I very much appreciate the effort of those who are working very hard to make this possible.

« Reply #89 on: 13 / July / 2010, 05:30:51 »
:) ...

May be not full featured but even party working CHDK would be cool :P
Also can I upgrade my Camera firmware to 1.04 ? If so how ?