Forum Moderators - page 3 - Forum related topics (including issues) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Forum Moderators

• 31 Replies
Re: Forum Moderators
« Reply #20 on: 28 / October / 2008, 18:36:01 »
Advertisements
I can't promise the hats... As for the great responsibility bit, yeah, 4 sure ;)

« Reply #21 on: 28 / October / 2008, 18:47:43 »
Hi,

Presenting a new moderator:

Jucifer

Have fun ;)

ps: I can add that any senior/hero member  can come forward willing to help out the community and moderate the board (with few strings attached) ;).
However, as you may understand, applications have to be analyzed as a mod will need to have some general knowledge over all subjects on the board. And also will need to keep cool under pressure. E.g.  "you want the truth, you can't handle the truth" under pressure style.  8)

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
« Reply #22 on: 28 / October / 2008, 20:05:46 »
Congratulations to jucifer!   :)

But - no offense - do you think its wise to give the moderator status away just like that?

The more people with power, the higher the likelihood that some day something will be going wrong. I remember something like that already happened here..

I'm sure jucifer and fudgey will make good mods as they have always something good to contribute to threads, but just any senior/hero member..

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #23 on: 28 / October / 2008, 20:22:52 »
well, we dont have that many senior/hero members right now, do we? and also we will see if we need more mods.
it is very likely that i will step down my activities around chdk, be it in the forum or in the development department, thats why i approached jucifer and fudgey to perhaps help out :)

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #24 on: 28 / October / 2008, 20:49:35 »
Presenting a new moderator:
Jucifer

...& good night now.

« Reply #25 on: 28 / October / 2008, 20:56:58 »
Congratulations to jucifer!   :)

But - no offense - do you think its wise to give the moderator status away just like that?

The more people with power, the higher the likelihood that some day something will be going wrong. I remember something like that already happened here..

I'm sure jucifer and fudgey will make good mods as they have always something good to contribute to threads, but just any senior/hero member..

This is a community oriented board, and therefore I believe that those who intervene the most should be granted a more active part on global moderation.

The theme of the board is way too technical to let just anyone moderate it, regardless of how good the intentions are.

As for the selection of the team, it is as is. It has already gone bad once, and may go bad again, but still we are not solving the world economy issues nor rocket engineering; we are maintaining and developing knowledge on CHDK.

Cheers

Offline an0n

« Reply #26 on: 29 / October / 2008, 23:32:22 »
Well done to Fudgey and Jucifer,
Thanks and Congratulations!
A720IS.

« Reply #27 on: 07 / November / 2008, 22:20:45 »
Great choices.
No, perfect choices.

The three of you deserve to be mods. Congrats on a great team.
Whoa-Hey! Careful where you point that thing. You're gonna shoot someone!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DoF_Stacking

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #28 on: 02 / February / 2009, 17:24:13 »
i didnt feel like opening a new thread for this (and didnt find a previous one), but today fudgey got promoted  - he now has write access to the svn repo. he didnt ask for it, i just thought it was time for him and he didnt refuse - now we have one more shoulder to bury the heavy weight of responsibility on ;)

« Reply #29 on: 02 / February / 2009, 18:52:14 »
weight and work! :)

Congrats