Bug report: white bar bottom-left of LCD - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Bug report: white bar bottom-left of LCD

• 2 Replies
Bug report: white bar bottom-left of LCD
« on: 08 / June / 2009, 07:38:16 »
Advertisements
I just recently learned of CHDK's existence, and rushed to download a copy (and some scripts) for my A470 (firmware v1.01B).  What an exciting addition for a 'toy' camera (my real cameras use film!  :D)  My A470 won't auto-load CHDK, but it's no great trouble to load it via the Play menu.

However, after loading it I immediately noticed a small display bug.  In any camera mode other than Play, I get a white horizontal bar at the LCD bottom-left.  It's about 3 pixels high and extends from the bottom-left corner almost exactly half-way across the screen towards the right.  When I press the <Alt> button to go into CHDK mode, the CHDK text (script name and <ALT>, white text on blue background) display over the white bar, so only between those two text fields is the white bar then visible.

The white bar is NOT there in Play mode, or during Review display time, but is there at all other times/modes.  It was there before I loaded any script.  Additionally, when in CHDK mode (white/blue text at bottom), pixel rows corresponding to the white bar behind the blue text background flash white rapidly (seemingly one at a time), in a flickering 'interference-like' fashion.

Anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Daniel
Daniel
Gerroa, Australia

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
Re: Bug report: white bar bottom-left of LCD
« Reply #1 on: 08 / June / 2009, 07:53:57 »
I assume your white bar should get smaller when your sd card gets filled. (It's the remaining cardspace icon.)
Fix: goto OSD-Menu -> Filespace and then change Show space bar to don't :D

Re: Bug report: white bar bottom-left of LCD
« Reply #2 on: 08 / June / 2009, 08:06:55 »
Brilliant Jetzt; many thanks.  Perhaps I should read the manual ;-)

Daniel
Daniel
Gerroa, Australia